April Anaheim visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goose75

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a business trip to Anaheim Sun Apr 2 to Fri April 7. If anyone is interested, I would enjoy meeting with a local diver afer work sometime Mon-Thur for a local shore dive. Unfortunately I do not have a weekend on this trip.

I'll be happy to get a dive or two in with you. I'm fairly close to Anaheim. PM me and we can make arragements closer to when you're here.

Josh

I could make a Wednesday or Thursday.

Available day or evening April 4 to 7 Laguna Beach, Malibu, Palos Verde, its all good.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll PM and work out details with one or two of your generous offers. Other than that I have a few basic questions:

What is the water temp this time of year?

Any unique regional laws I should know? I believe I've run across a snorkel requirement before.

Is there a recommended site for tide tables and other local environmental conditions?

Other than that, I should mention I've been shore diving in the Pacific before (PNW), am comfortable in both good and poor vis and have some experience in cool water (40s). I figure you might like to know my experience isn't purely Caribbean or inland lakes.

Feel free to PM.

Goose75:

Any unique regional laws I should know? I believe I've run across a snorkel requirement before.
QUOTE]

Just dove Laguna this morning and the temp was 51 at depth. They do have a snorkle law in Laguna also.

Glycerin:
Goose75:

QUOTE]

Just dove Laguna this morning and the temp was 51 at depth. They do have a snorkle law in Laguna also.
Josh, it's not really a snorkle law, but a way for the lifeguards to prohibit you from diving if you do not have "proper equipment" such as a BC, mask, snorkle and dive partner.
If they do not stop you and check your equipment before you enter the water, they do not have the authority to cite you, though they have the ability to.

Well I have one on the top shelf in my garage so I'll bring it along.

Thanks for the links. I've got to run to Ausitn for the weekend for a friends wedding. Early next week I'll go through these links and start PMing to set something up. Thanks allot everyone. I look forward to diving with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom