April 13th McAbee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The weather in the last few days on the Monterey Bay has been awesome. Very sunny and warm, into the 80's in Santa Cruz. No students this weekend so a group of us headed to Monterey for some R&R diving.

Dave played with his new DUI dry suit while the rest of us played with our camera's. The water at McAbee was like a lake,,flat calm..Brian had been at breakwater the day before and said it was great visability until it became crowded and the sand was kicked up.

I was disappointed that the water wasn't clearer with the calm sea's..Vis. was about 15-20'....We saw and photographed lots of different nutibrachs and fish. Water temp. was 52 degrees but it was great to have warm sun to sit under during dives. Very relaxing and enjoyable day. We talked to other divers who were at Monastary Beach and they said the conditions there we beautiful. Hopefully things will stay good for a while. Now would be the time to slip in a dive before conditions change..

Its unfortunate that I wasnt able to dive today. I had to stay home and do my taxes :(, oh well at least they are done now.

I am planning to try and dive tomorrow, but the buoy forecast does not look too good.

Its unfortunate that I wasnt able to dive today. I had to stay home and do my taxes :(, oh well at least they are done now.

I am planning to try and dive tomorrow, but the buoy forecast does not look too good.

yeah, it looks like the wind and swells will be picking up..but it could still be good diving..we dove almost every weekend since january..we changed dive location plans but there was only about twice that we called the dive off because of rough conditions.

I have been logging the weather reported conditions...ie wind, swell, tide and actual conditions at dive sites...most of the time with a nw or w wind most sites within the bay were diveable...the swells get back when the height and time get around one to one ,,like 9' at 9 seconds....9' at 12 sec. wouldnt be that bad...we dove one weekend at breakwater when the bouy predicted swells at over 16'...

Also, the Monterey weather bouy is about 20 miles off shore so the predictions are usually rougher out there than inside....this morning for the first time in the last week we woke to overcast in santa cruz but the sun is now breaking through pretty strong and its still warm...we even had to sleep with the fans blowing last night so it was warm all night...which is unusual for here...

The weather in the last few days on the Monterey Bay has been awesome. Very sunny and warm, into the 80's in Santa Cruz. No students this weekend so a group of us headed to Monterey for some R&R diving.

Dave played with his new DUI dry suit while the rest of us played with our camera's. The water at McAbee was like a lake,,flat calm..Brian had been at breakwater the day before and said it was great visability until it became crowded and the sand was kicked up.

I was disappointed that the water wasn't clearer with the calm sea's..Vis. was about 15-20'....We saw and photographed lots of different nutibrachs and fish. Water temp. was 52 degrees but it was great to have warm sun to sit under during dives. Very relaxing and enjoyable day. We talked to other divers who were at Monastary Beach and they said the conditions there we beautiful. Hopefully things will stay good for a while. Now would be the time to slip in a dive before conditions change..

Hey Alibi 2, I was diving at Mcabee on the 13th as well, where you the group with the large yellow truck?

yep,,that be us!...were you the guy who came over and said hi?...

I'm jealous of every single one of you who got out to dive last weekend! This week is looking decidedly sketchier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom