Apple Cult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You maybe missed it, but 'brainless' was in context of the people on the Jimmy Kimmel video. You took quite a long walk there to justify your 'offense'.

You are right. What you said was that Apple users were in a "cattle like cult of non thinkers". If you don't remember,

This video pretty much sums up the cattle like cult of non thinkers that Apple has been able to cultivate. I'm not bashing Apple, good for them, this kind of thing is the success you can get in the marketplace by reaching a tipping point of everybody wants to be in the cult...

You used the JK video to enforce your belief that we are, in fact, not thinking. You danced a bit and backtracked and mea culpa'd and "didn't really mean that", but in the end, if you aren't a power user of a piece of electronic crap and instead, use it as a tool to do whatever your real job is, I come away with the impression that you don't think too much of those of us who do.

Folks don't think too highly of Craftsman tools anymore either. Again, it's all good. As long as you can buy crappy Husky tools down at Home Depot and take them back or replace them whenever you want, no worries buying the ones that will need support every so often. I prefer my tools to work each and every time I get them out of the box, as when they don't, the boat may not come home.... It's more important for me to be a tool user than a tool repairer.

It's interesting that discussions about tools SHOULD be objective and include information about which tool works best for which situation and which environment, etc...

Throw human emotion (and perhaps a few hundred dollars?) into the mix, and we find hurt feelings and name calling.

I don't think Mike was calling ALL iStuff users non-thinkers (maybe he was...), but to bring it back to SCUBA related, it almost feels like the BP/W vs jacket debate, or split fin vs paddle debate...

In other words, for some reason, we like to make fun of humans who make choices that are different than ours.

Underwater, you are aware that we are having this convo in the "non-dive related" forum?

You are right. What you said was that Apple users were in a "cattle like cult of non thinkers". If you don't remember,

You used the JK video to enforce your belief that we are, in fact, not thinking. You danced a bit and backtracked and mea culpa'd and "didn't really mean that", but in the end, if you aren't a power user of a piece of electronic crap and instead, use it as a tool to do whatever your real job is, I come away with the impression that you don't think too much of those of us who do.

Folks don't think too highly of Craftsman tools anymore either. Again, it's all good. As long as you can buy crappy Husky tools down at Home Depot and take them back or replace them whenever you want, no worries buying the ones that will need support every so often. I prefer my tools to work each and every time I get them out of the box, as when they don't, the boat may not come home.... It's more important for me to be a tool user than a tool repairer.

Again, you go on quite a reach to be offended. Did you actually watch the video or are you making all these comments without actually knowing what started the thread?

So if I took the spree from you for a week and did nothing and brought it back to you and said how do you like the new Spree? Would you say "This is way better, noticeably better, lot lighter than the last one, definitely faster, brighter, very updated, feels like higher quality, colors are brighter." I doubt you would. But your crew would definitely get a kick out of it if you did don't you think?

Last edited:
Again, you go on quite a reach to be offended. Did you actually watch the video or are you making all these comments without actually knowing what started the thread?

By the way, is there a law banning iphones in restaraunts in Florida? You indicate that the only people who sit in restaurants ignoring their dates are android users, specifically Samsung phone owners. You also specifically used 'nice' restaurants, so I'm trying to figure this out if it's the price of the restaurant that keeps the iphone users out and only android users can afford these places or is it the specific thing that they are on dates and no iphone users can get a date?

In other words, for some reason, we like to make fun of humans who make choices that are different than ours.

I don't mind anyone making choices that are different than mine. I do think it's funny to see someone be such a zealot for a product and be so far down the rabbit hole that they will blindly praise something when it's the same old model.

This was a comedy piece that ran on a show devoted to comedy. I believe the plan was for it to be funny, and the reason was it's funny to see someone be such a zealot for a product and be so far down the rabbit hole that they will blindly praise something when it's the same old model.

This was a comedy piece that ran on a show devoted to comedy. I believe the plan was for it to be funny, and the reason was it's funny to see someone be such a zealot for a product and be so far down the rabbit hole that they will blindly praise something when it's the same old model.

It was certainly a comedy piece, but it was also a show. I doubt it much reflected reality. I had fun making fun of the iPad Maxi, though...and I'll be keeping my eye out for it to be released!! In the meantime, I'm sewing bigger pockets on my pants.

I did not watch the video, I took you at your word. Sorry. Happy with my iPad2 because the OS for the iPad1 was no longer supported, I use it to play WWF and get e-mail when on the road. It works. Happy with my Motorola flip phone, drop it in the toilet and it still works. Does not work if it's been dropped in 157 feet, however. The battery will, though. Happy with my old crusty xServe, works every time I start it up.

I did not watch the video, I took you at your word. Sorry. Happy with my iPad2 because the OS for the iPad1 was no longer supported, I use it to play WWF and get e-mail when on the road. It works. Happy with my Motorola flip phone, drop it in the toilet and it still works. Does not work if it's been dropped in 157 feet, however. The battery will, though. Happy with my old crusty xServe, works every time I start it up.

So what's up with the Florida restaurants banning iphones?

aWhat might be interesting is to see if the same thing happened using the galaxy phone. Want to bet that there would be any difference?

Back
Top Bottom