Apple Cult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had to do the same with Android's Google Play, not to mention with many other Android features. I am on my first Android phone--before that, I had iPhones. I feel the iPhone was at least slightly more intuitive than the Android.

When you develop a workflow with one system, and have to move to something new, it's always a challenge. That being said, ios no doubt wins the grandma competition ("even grandma can use it!").

When you develop a workflow with one system, and have to move to something new, it's always a challenge. That being said, ios no doubt wins the grandma competition ("even grandma can use it!").

Great. And Grandma will be able to get more work done because her device is actually a tool that increases her productivity rather than a "power user" toy that only increases one's productivity after investing way too much time learning to use it. I realize that whether it increases or decreases productivity over its period of use depends on just how steep the learning curve is, but for me, if a learning curve for something that's supposed to make my life easier is too steep, I tend to say screw it--not worth my time--and move on. The best technology is the most effortless. I don't want to have to read a manual every time I buy a new car to figure out how to use it, and I don't want to have to scour the Internet every time I buy a new phone. It should all be intuitive.

Completely agree. That's why, when looking at tools, it's best to choose the one that gets the job you want done in the simplest manner.

Back
Top Bottom