Apple (computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah the good old days- when you had to pay long distance tolls to get on the information super dirt path and all you got were ascii bulletin boards!!!

I guess I was a whacked out kid- for some reason, I decided it would be fun to learn assembler and machine language on the C-64??? Then I "tricked out" my machine by installing a switch that would short out the soft reset pin on the parallel port so I could recover from crashes, or just peek into the memory. Another nice feature was that the 1541 disk drive had the same processor and could be programmed and daisy chained for all kinds of fun!! Those were the good old days!

Sweet! Remember TurboTape? I was amazed when I installed it and discovered that I could read/write to cassette tape faster than to a non-enhanced 1541. The rainbow-colors on the screen were also pretty exciting.

OK, bit the bullet and got a macbook.

Took about a whole 10 minutes to set it up.

As usual I haven't read anything remotely looking like instructions and haven't needed to so far. Had it up on USC's wireless net pretty much instantly, took just a little longer to get the sprint wireless card going, had to go find a driver.

So far so good.

They come with directions? :wink:

Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks for the help, leaning that direction due to the (frequent) return of the blue screen of death with vista.

Boot up time till it settles down enough to actually do anything is pushing 5 minutes now.

Not to Hijack but you should have copied down what it said. 10-1 its a hardware issue, usually drivers or in many cases with vista due to the memory randomization thing it does a bad sector on your ram if it was frequent.

Mac has its advantages...locking in hardware means they can write their os for limited vendors and make it bullet proof, though the problem with that is you don't get competition on hardware vendors, and you can't build your own.

Oh and I love my iPhone...thats a mac computer right? better then any MS mobile phone I have used by many many times over :)

I switched last June after buying a weak computer with Vista, when I tried to upgrade to premium it slowed to a three second delay from keyboard to screen...

I love the Mac and could not see going back. I do use the office for Mac and have not had to much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom