Apollo Bio fin massive foot pocket!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubanismo

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of Apollo Bio XT's in Large and I'm stressing out about the fit!

I wear a size 10 3mm short boot (tusa) and I have quite a bit of space at the mouth of the foot pocket (near my instep) with the straps pulled tight. The fins are firm when I do the "side-to-side wiggle test". The front of my boot feels tight towards the front of the pocket, but I could fit 4 fingers in between my boot and the outside of the foot pocket. :huh:

Anyone else have this much space in between their boot and Apollo Bio foot pocket?

Thanks!

I have the XTs in size LL which I use with hard-sole Oceanic boots in size 10. The fit is perfect along with the c-straps. Originally I purchased the size Large, but had trouble with the boot fit.

SharkDZ:
I have the XTs in size LL which I use with hard-sole Oceanic boots in size 10. The fit is perfect along with the c-straps. Originally I purchased the size Large, but had trouble with the boot fit.
Ditto. I have the XTs in size LL which I use with hard-sole Henerson Insta-Dry booties in size 10. The fit is perfect along with the c-straps. I, too, originally purchased the size Large with some soft sole booties, but when I exchanged the soft booties for the hard sole ones, the fins no longer fit well and gave my feet cramps. Fortunately my LDS allowed me to exchange the L for LL biofins, and all was well. :)

How much space between the boot and the front of the fin doesn't matter much.

cubanismo: You need a bigger boot-hard soled type-or a smaller fin, maybe a medium. If you are diving with a 3mm boot/slipper and you have a narrow foot, perhaps the md. could be your size. The foot pocket should fit snug, front and side, no real "play".

mdb:
cubanismo: You need a bigger boot-hard soled type-or a smaller fin, maybe a medium. If you are diving with a 3mm boot/slipper and you have a narrow foot, perhaps the md. could be your size. The foot pocket should fit snug, front and side, no real "play".

Thanks for the reply MDB. I took a picture of the gap so you can see what I am talking about. The front of the foot pocket feels snug and I can't feel any significant play when I shake the fin with my boot secured. It's only the outer edges of the foot pocket that aren't making contact with my boot. Am I just being too paranoid?

Attachments

• IMG_5375 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5375 (Small).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 108
cubanismo:
Thanks for the reply MDB. I took a picture of the gap so you can see what I am talking about. The front of the foot pocket feels snug and I can't feel any significant play when I shake the fin with my boot secured. It's only the outer edges of the foot pocket that aren't making contact with my boot. Am I just being too paranoid?

cubanismo: Nope, you are not being paranoid you are just looking for a comfortable snug fit. A thicker 5-6mm hard soled boot would most likely take care of it. If you want to stay with a 3mm you might find the medium to be a better fit for your foot shape/size.

I wear a 9-10 oceanic 5 mill soft soled boot with a size medium Bio fin

cubanismo:
you need a medium Bro

Splitlip:
I wear a 9-10 oceanic 5 mill soft soled boot with a size medium Bio fin

Argh:huh: I called Joe at Scubatoy's (where I bought them from) and he said the large should fit a size 10 hard sole 3mm boot. He also said Apollo's foot pocket is more rectangular than most other fins, which I completely agree with since I am used to a narrower fin pocket.

I'd prefer not change to a thicker boot since I'm 100% in warm water living in S FL. The less neoprene, the better :)

Splitlip: does the pocket cover all sides of your boot tightly?

thnx

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom