Apollo AV-3 Classic??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoila

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just bought a barely used Apollo AV-3 with a brand new battery for $200 AUD- bargain I think, however I can’t find any info on an AV-3, Apollo made the AV-2 classic which seems to be the same?
What are the differences?
245A3601-AC95-45B0-BCAD-3C2F39396AA9.jpeg
268154AC-75BA-40F2-8644-DD7632723944.jpeg
255017A1-BC06-4F27-8C55-B4AA32FAFACD.jpeg
A40CF33C-E2DB-48BA-89FC-0BED3656229A.jpeg

The 3 wasn't distributed in the USA, but I think the 3 is minus the variable speed and also minus the battery indicator for a slight cost savings.

The 3 wasn't distributed in the USA, but I think the 3 is minus the variable speed and also minus the battery indicator for a slight cost savings.
Yes, it seems it is basically an AV-2 classic, just don’t know why there is no info on them.

You can find some basic info on either the Apollo USA or Tusa(SAV-7) websites. From the batterypac pic, you have an early model with the 7ah battery before they switched to 13ah batteries. You can switch yours by modifing the battery compartment. I have a SA-7 that I modified.

You can find some basic info on either the Apollo USA or Tusa(SAV-7) websites. From the batterypac pic, you have an early model with the 7ah battery before they switched to 13ah batteries. You can switch yours by modifing the battery compartment. I have a SA-7 that I modified.
thanks for that info, is the amp hour really that low on these batteries? I would have thought around 20ah? what is the diffences in size- do you have a pic of your modification?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom