Apollo AV-1 motor heat generation problem with lithium battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a schematic if you want to take it further

full.jpg

Do you mean winding a copper pipe around the motor and attaching the end of the pipe to the body of the motor compartment?
The body is made of ABS, but ABS has a very low thermal conductivity.
Sending the end of the pipe to the battery compartment may activate the temperature sensor in the battery compartment. This sensor operates at a temperature of 70 ° C.
There is no place else to put the heat. Sell it and get a different scooter if the battery compartment is getting that hot

So there is no room in the motor compartment to put in a tiny computer fan or something like that... A bit of air circulating should help. Though it probably will not be enough... but should be 2 time better than no fan... i think you are very limited with that scooter....

The AV1 had a 17 AH battery so it would usually be fully discharged before it overheated. I have been through this, there is
nothing to absorb the heat from the motor. I surrounded the motor with aluminum heat sink but it didn't help much, just a few extra minutes, no place for the heat to go. Air doesn't absorb much and the case is a good insulator. I transferred the parts from a ruined AV2 to add the cooling plate and gear housing and that helped, but it still wouldn't run full speed continuous without overheating. Ultimately I just went for the AV2. They will run full speed continuously.

So there is no room in the motor compartment to put in a tiny computer fan or something like that... A bit of air circulating should help. Though it probably will not be enough... but should be 2 time better than no fan... i think you are very limited with that scooter....

There is space to install the fan.
My guess is that this can have two fans in the motor compartment.
However, since it is a closed space, it seems that we cannot expect cooling performance.
I decided to cool it with water.

Ha ha ha ha ha but before you start drilling holes in it man ha ha ha ha ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom