Apo Reef advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reaver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We're planning to dive Apo Reef end of April and we're looking for accommodation and dive shop recommendations.

Most logical would probably be Dugong Dive Center and stay at Coron (Club Paradaise, etc).

There are threads here in SB but they go back 1 or 2 years ago. We'd appreciate some recent feedback. Thanks!

Apo Reef is miles away from Coron. Unless the dive shop has high speed boat and doesn't mind burning litres and litres of fuel(you pay for it actually), otherwise your best bet is looking for operator near San Jose(eg. Pandan Island Resort) in Mindoro.
Interesting reports about the resort on Tripsadvisors!! It is your holiday.

Cebu Pacific flies regularly between Manila and San Jose.

Last edited:
I had a good experience diving Apo Reef, but a bad experience with the dive shop. The dive shop was Apo Reef Club which is south of Pandan Island and accessable via San Jose. They offered the worst food on a liveaboard that I have ever experienced. Beware of hidden inflated costs. I hope you don't get a headache. If you do, expect to be charged for that one aspirin. I had no issue with the rental equipment and the DM who was very capable and experienced. Unfortunately, there is a lack of competition on options to Apo Reef.

Thanks for the feedback joebubbles. I emailed the Apo Reef club last week and was not happy with their responses. I was asking for dive/accommodation rates but they kept insisting on sending me the price for the weekend package. Doesn't make sense if you're not going on a weekend.

Anyway, has anyone tried the Pandan Island Resort and their dive shop (Mariposa)?

Rags Two runs regular trip to Coron and Apo Reef. Check its web site for schedule and vacancy. Very well run operation.
The boat departs from Puerto Galera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom