Apo or Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really cant go wrong with either. Ive been to apo island 4x and i love it there. Many big fish, turtles galore, wrasses, and schools of jacks and other predatory fish. Best soft coral site in the philippines ive seen. However the last time i eas there was two years ago and some friends have commented that they did not see the big fish last year. Aside from apo there is dauin which has some good macro and this gives you the perfect combination of big and small.
I just csme from moalboal and id have to say that personally i prefer moal and pescsdor island for the sardine school. You see jacks, snappers, wahoo, cod(?), baracudda in a semi feeding frenzy. And if your lucky you will catch the big whitetip or the threshers hunting sardines. Add to this the chance to see a whaleshark plus the mandarin fish, pygmy sea h and plane wreck and you got yourself an awesome dive experience.

Thanks to everyone for your great replies and info! I have 1 more day in Alona Beach and have decided to make my way over to Moalboal (Nelson's and staying at Eve's).

Try Visaya Divers in Moal Boal, they have an excellent dive shop, great accommodation and a good restaurant. Nelson's is really old school, well it was one of the first dive shops in Moal Boal :D

Nelsons and eves will give you the best value for money and afaik its the longest runnin dive outfit in moalboal.
Good choice.

Back
Top Bottom