Apex 200 1st stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drifter86

Reaction score
If I buy an ATX200 with a yoke on the first stage, and I put the yoke to DIN convertor on what pressure could I use in the tank??

I'm not positive but I believe the converter only works din to yoke not the other way around. I know with mine changed over to din its rated to 300 bar. If I were you I would consider just changing it over to din rather then buying the adapter. I think in the long run it is cheaper and if you need the yoke it is easy to change it back and forth. The other thing to consider is that I dove with a din to yoke converter on once and it made the reg. stick out so far it kept banging me in the head. Made for a annoying day of diving. :eyebrow:

They actually make a adaptor that allows a yoke to work on a DIN tank, HOWEVER, its designed (and labeled) for tank filling purposes only. If you decide to ignore that warning, you still are limited by the 'weakest' link -- the yoke, and shouldn't go above 200BAR. Again, I urge you NOT to do that.

In the long run, its better to just convert your first stage to a DIN and use a din->yoke converter in those cases where you need it (e.g. traveling).

Apeks Yoke connections whether on the adapter, or standard are stamped to 235 bar or 3408 psi.

Just keep in mind that you are introducing an extra failur point if you are using it more than frequently.

Yeah, the yoke is not the weakest point in this situation. The Apeks yokes are rated to 3500 psi, and the Yoke to DIN converter for filling is rated to 3000 psi (at least the Sherwood ones are).

I would get the standard yoke connection on the first stage, and then just get a DIN converter with it. That way, if you want to use DIN, you can switch out the yoke and install the DIN. If you dont know what I am talking about, then you should speak with your local Aqualung/Apeks dealer, and they can help you out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom