apeks xtx50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its one of many excellent regs that will do anything you may require of it throughout your diving.

Love all 5 of mine. Great reg at a good price. Breathes very well and as said above it can do anything you require throughout your diving future.

I use XTX50 primary and back up 2nds with FSR (XTX200) 1st stage, no complaints at all, I am very happy with this purchase, but to be honest I cannot tell the difference, save bubble interference, between this and my old AL Cousteau/MicraADJ reg, hose routing is also very similar between the two although I prefer the hose routing on the cousteau (HP routing is better), but both are good IMO. Apeks have a very good, solid reputation, Im sure you will be very happy with this purchase. If you do a search on Apeks on this board there are many good comments. Good Luck.

PS I single tank OW rec dive only.

The XTX50, 100 and 200 all use environmentally sealed balanced diaphragm first stages so one could consider them all "overkill" if the intended area of use is warm water temperatures. I've owned several ATX100s and XTX200s and they have never let me down. My diving is often on the edge, in-that water temperatures are as low as 30 degrees and depths can be extreme. I have never experienced a free-flow with this equipment and am totally satisfied with Apeks products.

cool, the XTX 50 is one of the best Regulator ( with the DST or DS4 first step )! I myself have the XTX 40 with the DS4, the best Regulator, I had until now!
which is totally inadequate, the XTX 100 or XTX 200 is the same Regulator as the XTX 50!

...the XTX 100 or XTX 200 is the same Regulator as the XTX 50!

The 50, 100 and 200 are not the same. There are similarities in the 2nd stages, but the first stages have some minor differences:

50 - The 50 can have a DST 1st stage (swivel) or a DS4 1st stage (no swivel). The DST has 4LP & 2HP ports. The DS4 has 4 LP & 1 HP port. Some people don't care for the DS4 doubles routing with certain tanks and manifolds.

100 - In the 1st stage the 100 (FST) is a little larger and heavier than the 200 (FSR) but has exactly the same hose routing. Both the 100 and 200 have 4 LP ports & 2HP ports.

200 - The 200 has good hose routing, but isn't as low profile as the 100. It has a removable valve seat that the FST doesn't have.

You can't go wrong with this reg. Apeks regulators are a staple on Northeast diveboats, not to mention in cave country, where equipment reliability is especially prized. I see you're in Miami, so I don't know how much cold/turbid water diving you're planning to do...if it's not a whole lot, then the XTX range may be more regulator than you need. If that's the case, Apeks is starting to release a wonderful little regulator called the Flight (Apeks Products), which might be exactly what you're looking for. I saw one of these babies at my LDS and was on the boat when the shop's manager took it for a test-dive. Suffice it to say that she went back to the shop and immediately gave her credit card number to the local rep!

been diving Apeks regs since 2005, love them. have the DS4/ATX40 and TX100/TX100. can't tell any difference in either except the hose routing at any depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom