Apeks XTX50 twisted purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wear and tear.
All my ageing Apeks covers are NOT aligned. As long as it is tight and can be removed under water without aid.

I struggle with the wear and tear as a reason, certainly from the photo he posted, going beyond center I guess "could" be possible if worn enough, by not even making to center, I'm not convinced.

I found on the XTX series after 2014 that the threaded section of the cover has a dent. I believe it acts as a stop.
There is no confirmation on that apart I feel a slight "stop" in the correct position. For sure I could force past it, but I never had any reason to go further.

I'm not sure, but I think it is a "single" thread spiral, which means you can not unscrew it, move it a bit and tighten it to alignment, it will always start to thread on the same spot, meaning it will stop at the same spot.
Those last few degrees require quite a lot of force. Like said before, best to use a dedicated tool.

Yes it is a single-thread spiral. But it should not require so much force to open or close. I am not asserting it *MUST* be open underwater (even if someone wants it) but I like to open and close it without any tools even with a bit of force with dry and not slipping hands.

Yes it is a single-thread spiral. But it should not require so much force to open or close. I am not asserting it *MUST* be open underwater (even if someone wants it) but I like to open and close it without any tools even with a bit of force with dry and not slipping hands.
For some reason, I can easily open it with my hands, but I can not, if my life depended on it, close it hands only. I mean, I can close it, so it works, but to align it? No way

Back
Top Bottom