Apeks XTX Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Any one dive with these yet? Are they in stock in stores?
Any one know anything about them other than what is on the Aqua Lung website?
My LDS doesn't carry apeks. Special order only.

...I ordered an XTX 200 (and free Egress octo) at my LDS this week, delivery date is next Wed, but I won't get to dive it until 4/29 when I board the T&C Explorer for a week long liveaboard/ 27 dives, will be curious to see how it performs...I have high hopes! :)

Karl

I am looking at these also. Here is what I have learned so far. Basically the same performance as the ATX series but couple of different features. First, the pressure hose is reversable and second you can change the exhaust ports. Other than that the shop I am working with was told that they are basically the same as the ATX's. One negative is that unlike the ATX series which you can mix and match 1st and 2nd stages, the XTX series is only available as it reads on the website. (for now at least)

Out of curiosity, what kind of price did you get for a XTX 200 setup??

Thanks
David

I just purchased the XTX 50 and the egress on the LIDS and I can't wait to get wet and try them out.
I only heard good things about the APEXS so that is why I got them.:D

I use an ATX200 Black Pearl as my everyday reg, and previously have had a TX100 and a standard ATX200. I have recently used the XTX50 and XTX200 and I can say that they breathe just as well as the Pearl. To be honest, every Apeks reg I have used has breathed like a dream, and these new models are no different. No probs even taking the proverbial with them in 4°C water – purging for 10 seconds, etc, etc.

As has already been stated, the differences, other than cosmetic, are mainly the ability to change exhaust valves or have the hose routing swapped from right to left.

Cheers

Mark

I just got a call yesterday from a customer that used his XTX-200 during a week long vacation last week. This is an experienced Apeks customer (owns a Black Pearl, 2 ATX-200, and a DS4/TX50) and he had nothing but compliments for the XTX-200. He claimed that it breathed a little easier than either of his other Apeks regulators, but this has to be taken with a grain of salt. Adjustment and set-up have alot to do with the performance of Apeks regulators.

He did say that he changed from the smaller exhaust manifold to the larger one about mid-week. He liked the larger exhaust tee and said it worked quite well. From his comments, I think this series will be a big hit.

P.S...it doesn't hurt that the FREE Egresss deal is on right now. Makes these regulators an even better bargain.

Thanks,

Phil Ellis

MarkUK:
As has already been stated, the differences, other than cosmetic, are mainly the ability to change exhaust valves or have the hose routing swapped from right to left.

And the "XTX"ed FSR, FST and DST first stages now have four 3/8" "medium pressure" (lp) ports instead of one 1/2" and three 3/8".

Forgot about that – yep, you're right. Makes it easier to find spare low-pressure hoses if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere when the proverbial hits the fan.

Cracking regs, particularly the XTX200 – bling, bling!

Mark

MarkUK:
Forgot about that – yep, you're right. Makes it easier to find spare low-pressure hoses if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere when the proverbial hits the fan.Mark

If you do dive an Apeks with the 1/2" port, you sould get a 3/8" adapter and change out the apeks hose w/ the 1/2" connection. If the sh*! hits the fan and you need to change out, you will not have a problem doing so. Currently I dive 2 ATX200s and 3 ATX50's w/ DS4 1st stages. I love the regs and trust them to perform every time. Have a buddy that started diving the XTX and he "loves them to death". He had previously dove the ATXs and says they breat just as well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom