Apeks WTX Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Their smallest wing is still a bit large for single tank warm water diving at 32/34lbs lift.

The construction is pretty solid for a bladderless design.

I dived a WTX doubles wing for about 8 dives or so. Worked fine. Minor points: the inflator hose was a bit long for my liking, and as compared to my Evolve 60 it seemed to trap a bit of air and didn't dump as smoothly.

I have the WTX plate and small wing. Nothing special. I would say the construction is medium duty. The inflator is of excellent quality.

Aqualung has the resources to design and manufacture a superior quality wing. This is not one. I think they just wanted to throw one out on the market quickly. It works just fine, however.

I have the plate and WTX3 wing. I'm liking it. If you end up buying one put plastic sliders behind the plate at the waist strap slots - the slots let the metal ones I had slip right through. Other then that it's a solid rig.

Both my gf and I are diving the Apeks setup. It seems well constructed and we both like it. as stated the inflator is of excellent quality and the bladder seems quite well built

Chris

Back
Top Bottom