Apeks TX50/DST Hose Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, the reason I futz with the bungeed backup on the 1/2" port is because I need the third LP 3/8" port on my DST for the occasions when I might rent a drysuit. (Someday I'll trade the DST in for a DS4, but first I need my own drysuit and a canister light...)

giles45shop:
Is the fitting on the second stage end of the hose the same for both the 1/2" and 3/8" hoses and universal between regulator types?
Yup, they all (Apeks, ScubaPro, Zeagle, Oceanic, etc.) have the same connection at the second stage no matter what first stage port or hose diameter you might be using.

giles45shop:
If so, I could set mine up like ppodiver, buy the 7' 3/8" hose and swap the Envoy to the Apeks hose. If the Apeks hose seems too long, then swap to a shorter 1/2 hose.
Do what you like, but once you learn how to do a modified s-drill (a method of air sharing) with a long hose and bungeed backup you probably won't want to go back to octos, etc. OTOH, there is some appeal to being able to use existing hardware, if only temporarily. :)

ppo2_diver:
I use a ATX50/DST for my single tank reg. I put the long hose on the 3/8" port (where the octo would go), then I just use the normal hose and second stage as my backup on a bungee necklace. Works very well.

On my doubles, I use ATX50/DS4 and don't have to worry about the 1/2" port.

DJ

i use the same setup and it realy works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom