Apeks Tek3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure I follow, but as I read this you guys don't have 300 bar (4500 psi) fills available most places, do you? Well, there's still no point in putting a 300 bar manifold on 232 bar (= 3400 psi?) tanks. They should be fitted with the appropriate tank valve(s), so you CANNOT connect it to a 300 bar filling valve from a 300 bar compressor if you come across one. To me yoke is totally out, and it is more or less abandoned by everyone over here. Of course there are still "old timers" using them, but that's just because they see no reason to buy new gear, yet... And when they do, it's going to be DIN. Either 232 bar or 300 bar.

EDIT: I've never seen a 300 bar DIN to yoke adapter. Are you sure? Because I'd think most yoke clamps will not fit over the slightly longer 300 bar DIN. And you do say you have 200/232 bar manifolds...

hello there

are you replying to me or to tim

coz i can see that your confused

anyway the only 300 bar fill we can get here is at the fire fighting station ... and im not a fire fighter so no worriessssssssssssssssss

i think im safe

P.S is you read in the news about a diver who got BLOW UP BY A SCUBA TANK its me in that FIRE STATION

Be like me, dont get married and you dont have to convince anyone.. :D

Actually my girlfriend doesnt know anything about scuba diving so all the new toys I get are to make me "safer" underwater.. I just tell her that without this "new lifesaving part" I wouldnt be able to live to take her shopping........She doesnt ask any questions.. :wink:

Another good tip if your asked how much XXX costs is just say not much at all, look how small the box is.. So if you get the "How much does that thing that says Apeks XTX200 on is cost.. Just say $50 on sale, its the small cheap version and take her shopping and let her spend $50 at the mall to "equal it out".. :crafty:

FYI, dont let your girlfriend/wife read the instruction manuals for any scuba stuff.. You dont need them anyway since you "should" already know how to use the stuff you bought.. You know how the opening statement in any scuba book, manual, ect starts with "scuba diving is a dangerous sport and can kill you"... Yeah, life will be eaiser if they dont read stuff like that.. :no

Now that I told you this use this info carefully, and if my girlfriend does read this at least there will be some idea of who killed me.. :(

may i say thats 1 of the best ADVICE i have ever have

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

XTX200 is so shiny (girls love shiny thing ) if you go to XTX tungsten and say its 30$ better i think <--- What do you think ???

Back in the day, the 200 bar and 300 bar DIN connectors were designed with different thread depths so a lower pressure 200 bar first stage couldn't be unintentionally connected to a higher pressure 300 bar source. Now for DIN first stages they are used interchangeably, the only practical difference is that the 200 bar valve with a 5 thread depth can be converted to a yoke reg and will leave the outer two first stage regs "exposed". Some 300 bar valves/manifolds (misguidedly) have a slot cut in the threads, I don't know of any 200 bar valves/manifolds where that is the case, so some people actually prefer the 200 bar version.

In the US, 4350 psi fills aren't all that common outside cave country. lots of people with the exempt HP tanks have problems getting 3442 psi locally b/c the AL80 is 3000 psi. and there are lots and lots of AL80s around here.

I have never seen a 300 bar valve that was convertible to yoke but that doesn't mean one couldn't exists, just that from what I can measure there isn't room for a standard yoke to go around the 7 thread deep 300 bar valves/manifolds.

I'm not sure I follow, but as I read this you guys don't have 300 bar (4500 psi) fills available most places, do you? Well, there's still no point in putting a 300 bar manifold on 232 bar (= 3400 psi?) tanks. They should be fitted with the appropriate tank valve(s), so you CANNOT connect it to a 300 bar filling valve from a 300 bar compressor if you come across one. To me yoke is totally out, and it is more or less abandoned by everyone over here. Of course there are still "old timers" using them, but that's just because they see no reason to buy new gear, yet... And when they do, it's going to be DIN. Either 232 bar or 300 bar.

EDIT: I've never seen a 300 bar DIN to yoke adapter. Are you sure? Because I'd think most yoke clamps will not fit over the slightly longer 300 bar DIN. And you do say you have 200/232 bar manifolds...

Back in the day, the 200 bar and 300 bar DIN connectors were designed with different thread depths so a lower pressure 200 bar first stage couldn't be unintentionally connected to a higher pressure 300 bar source. Now for DIN first stages they are used interchangeably, the only practical difference is that the 200 bar valve with a 5 thread depth can be converted to a yoke reg and will leave the outer two first stage regs "exposed". Some 300 bar valves/manifolds (misguidedly) have a slot cut in the threads, I don't know of any 200 bar valves/manifolds where that is the case, so some people actually prefer the 200 bar version.

In the US, 4350 psi fills aren't all that common outside cave country. lots of people with the exempt HP tanks have problems getting 3442 psi locally b/c the AL80 is 3000 psi. and there are lots and lots of AL80s around here.

I have never seen a 300 bar valve that was convertible to yoke but that doesn't mean one couldn't exists, just that from what I can measure there isn't room for a standard yoke to go around the 7 thread deep 300 bar valves/manifolds.

I know a lot of people here mistake any DIN for 300 bar, and think 200 bar is only yoke. The same people have mostly not even heard of 232 bar...

The regulations regarding airfills say we cannot have connectors on the compressor that allows 200/232 bar tanks mistakenly be connected to the 300 bar outlet on the filling panel. This goes for both the filling part AND the tanks. So mounting a 300 bar manifold on 200 bar tanks would actually be "illegal". However, when 232 bar hit the fan together with the DIR people presenting their philosophy (mostly the same people in the beginning...), they encountered problems with acceptable gas fills (see, I didn't write AIR!!? :D) since the 200 bar side of the fill panels were mostly set at max 220 bar (at the most!). So some people put 300 bar manifolds on their 232 bar doubles to be able to use the 300 bar outlet for complete fills. -And then of course had to watch the pressure manually and stop at the correct pressure...

Not really advicable, is it? :no

hello all

here is some picture for my new setup

apeks tek3 full set
2 luxfer s080
highland clamps
OMS 300bar manifolds
OMS 60Lb wing
OMS comf harnes
SK7 compass pressure guage

im relatively new to technical, meaning that i have read tonnes and only completed my TDI advance nitrox. i was thinking of getting the apeks tek3 and since there has been alot said about the need for them instead of simply using apeks ds4 for example, would appreciate if you could describe the hose routeing on the images provided. thanks

Yeah I know I'm digging up an old thread here,,, but What are everyone's opinion now the TEK3 regs?

I personally am selling mine. I prefer the xtx50 with a 5th port or that style design in a first stage. I felt as if the tek 3's put too much pressure on my hoses. People I know who have them love them or hate them. I wasn't a fan. I would rather have a reg with a 5th port and be able to rout my hoses with that and have the flexibility of immediately being able to switch to a single tank set up with my drysuit.

hello all

here is some picture for my new setup

apeks tek3 full set
2 luxfer s080
highland clamps
OMS 300bar manifolds
OMS 60Lb wing
OMS comf harnes
SK7 compass pressure guage

You have some nice furniture.

I heard (no direct experience) that these first stages are not good for sidemounting. So if you are thinking about that in the future you may want to do further research.

Back
Top Bottom