Apeks Tek3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks alot

u liked the furniture ??? what about the scuba things

?????

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, I do have some of the TEK3 sitting in my shop, and I got a pair for my fiancé along with a set of D7 liter steel tanks on a 40 lbs wing. -Thought they'd look sweet on a girl's rig! :D

But I noticed you have put a 300 bar manifold on your rig. Why? Those alu-tanks can't possibly hold more than 232 bar or something???

Attachments

• DSC00347.jpg
    DSC00347.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 277
Well, I do have some of the TEK3 sitting in my shop, and I got a pair for my fiancé along with a set of D7 liter steel tanks on a 40 lbs wing. -Thought they'd look sweet on a girl's rig! :D

But I noticed you have put a 300 bar manifold on your rig. Why? Those alu-tanks can't possibly hold more than 232 bar or something???

hello

300 bars as you know = more threads so my first stage will go all in

when my first stage go all in my houses ganna be close to the tank and away from my wing as much as possible so full wing or empty wing doesnt matter

+
more threads = stronger connection

beside whois ganna use yok on a twin set ??

so what is the use of having a 200 bar manifold ??

Btw I like the crom stage bottel in the back there looks so good

This bottel will look so good if twined and tek3 on top loool

Fashion show for scuba gears :D :D :D :D :D

so what is the use of having a 200 bar manifold ??

Well. Not getting a 300 bar fill for one... I don't know about your dive shops, but here 300 bar tanks is as common as fins and mask with divers, and the rule is having the correct tank valves so that there's no way you'd end up getting them filled up more than you'd like. Also, the 200/232 bar filling valves will not fit with 300 bar tank valves, so you'd HAVE TO hook it up to the 300 bar station and watch carefully as pressure rises. Not a very good idea in a busy environment.

I hope you have considered this when you chose that manifold? The 232 bar manifold has no trouble holding the pressure, so there's no safety benefits from your solution. More to the contrary I'd say.

Well. Not getting a 300 bar fill for one... I don't know about your dive shops, but here 300 bar tanks is as common as fins and mask with divers, and the rule is having the correct tank valves so that there's no way you'd end up getting them filled up more than you'd like. Also, the 200/232 bar filling valves will not fit with 300 bar tank valves, so you'd HAVE TO hook it up to the 300 bar station and watch carefully as pressure rises. Not a very good idea in a busy environment.

I hope you have considered this when you chose that manifold? The 232 bar manifold has no trouble holding the pressure, so there's no safety benefits from your solution. More to the contrary I'd say.

thank you so much for your advice

there is no any dive shop in my area will or can do more than 230+ bar

but anyway thanks for your Concern :)

I see you spend most of your money on scuba gear and not furniture. I need to convince my wife of the same thing.

I see you spend most of your money on scuba gear and not furniture. I need to convince my wife of the same thing.

are you saying that i have a bad furniture ????

delet this post fast please be4 my wife sees it
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Be like me, dont get married and you dont have to convince anyone.. :D

Actually my girlfriend doesnt know anything about scuba diving so all the new toys I get are to make me "safer" underwater.. I just tell her that without this "new lifesaving part" I wouldnt be able to live to take her shopping........She doesnt ask any questions.. :wink:

Another good tip if your asked how much XXX costs is just say not much at all, look how small the box is.. So if you get the "How much does that thing that says Apeks XTX200 on is cost.. Just say $50 on sale, its the small cheap version and take her shopping and let her spend $50 at the mall to "equal it out".. :crafty:

FYI, dont let your girlfriend/wife read the instruction manuals for any scuba stuff.. You dont need them anyway since you "should" already know how to use the stuff you bought.. You know how the opening statement in any scuba book, manual, ect starts with "scuba diving is a dangerous sport and can kill you"... Yeah, life will be eaiser if they dont read stuff like that.. :no

Now that I told you this use this info carefully, and if my girlfriend does read this at least there will be some idea of who killed me.. :(

Here in the US(at least at my diving area) the fill shops just put a 300 bar to yoke adapter in my tanks and then fill from a yoke fill whip.. Weather its a 200 or 300 bar manifold doesnt matter.. I have never seen a 200/232 bar filling valve or regulator..

I have pretty much all 200/232 bar manifolds/valves on everything.. I did this when I started converting to DIN from yoke so that I could use the yoke inserts and use my yoke regs until I got them converted.. You can still use high pressure tanks with 200/232 bar manifolds/valves though..

Here in the US(at least at my diving area) the fill shops just put a 300 bar to yoke adapter in my tanks and then fill from a yoke fill whip.. Weather its a 200 or 300 bar manifold doesnt matter.. I have never seen a 200/232 bar filling valve or regulator..

I have pretty much all 200/232 bar manifolds/valves on everything.. I did this when I started converting to DIN from yoke so that I could use the yoke inserts and use my yoke regs until I got them converted.. You can still use high pressure tanks with 200/232 bar manifolds/valves though..

I'm not sure I follow, but as I read this you guys don't have 300 bar (4500 psi) fills available most places, do you? Well, there's still no point in putting a 300 bar manifold on 232 bar (= 3400 psi?) tanks. They should be fitted with the appropriate tank valve(s), so you CANNOT connect it to a 300 bar filling valve from a 300 bar compressor if you come across one. To me yoke is totally out, and it is more or less abandoned by everyone over here. Of course there are still "old timers" using them, but that's just because they see no reason to buy new gear, yet... And when they do, it's going to be DIN. Either 232 bar or 300 bar.

EDIT: I've never seen a 300 bar DIN to yoke adapter. Are you sure? Because I'd think most yoke clamps will not fit over the slightly longer 300 bar DIN. And you do say you have 200/232 bar manifolds...

Back
Top Bottom