apeks reg with a side exhaust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kitbuga

Registered
Reaction score
at a singapore dive shop i noticed an apeks reg with a side exhaust second stage. like a mutant / bizarro jetstream with yellow and black trim.

the exhaust / purge outer assembly looked like a compressed or squashed version of the hat worn by devo.

i was interested so i searched the apeks site. couldn't find that model. anyone out there who can give me some background?

kitbuga

philippines

It was made to be a back up second stage, or octo if you will. The reason it was made as a side exhaust is so that it can be passed off either direction since it has no upside down. There is also a version of it that has a combined power inflator and it is called an Octo-Plus and is sold by Zeagle, you can see the exact same reg on the Zeagle website, it is called a Sentinel and is under the heading of " alternate air sources.
go here www.zeagle.com/cat2001_regaltair.htm# and scroll down to the yellow second stage and you will see it. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom