Apeks question or 3...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No kidding huh! I don't think I could keep up with that either. The Thunderbird 1.2 overclocks to 1.5 and My brand new GeForce2 Ultra will be knocked off the hill with the up and coming 128MB Geforce Ultra! At a few hundred bucks every few weeks, who could keep up with that stuff!

Mario :D

Warhammer:
Not to disturb you two giga brains, but back to scuba. Checking out the Apeks Website,
http://www.apeks.co.uk/
I found no mention of a kit, talked with the dealer here, no info, sounds like garage tinkering to me.

BTW better decide quick or you'll end up with new carpet or a bedspread instead or scuba gear.

Don

Uh oh! Is that what we all have forward to look to... If that's the case I'll definitely be suffering from AIDS (Aquatic Induced Divorce Syndrome).

Guess I'll just have to marry a Mermaid... any takers? LOL!

Maybe not, I'm protecting that stash with my life! But she has been hinting that she wants new carpet and a new dishwasher. I told her to get a part-time job, which is what i had to do to pay for the gear.:)

Back to the kit.... I also couldn't find anything out about it from their website. So you are probably correct. I sent Apeks an email over a week ago about it, and have yet to here back from them. That concerns me as well, maybe I should shoot Seaquest an email. Rainreg promised he'd deliver the scoop. I'm almost convinced it's the removal of the heat exchanger. But would you have to put something back in it's place?

AIDS?........Maybe not, she's a fellow diver. Just wish I could get her to go more often. She likes the warm Caribbean diving where you can see forever, see something different on every dive, and not have to muscle with the gear. I own the otherhand just love to dive, really could care less where I'm diving, as long as I'm diving! At this point I'm strongly considering taking a dip in the ditch out front! Been 2 1/2 months since I drew my last breath!

Warhammer,
Let me know if you need some help with your inquiry, I have some friends at SeaQuest/Aqualung which is not far from here.

Ok thanks...I sent the shop owner an email asking for more details. I figured I'd go straight for Apeks vs dealing with a middle man(Seaquest) but like I said they haven't replied. So check your source if you will.

Warhammer,
Know exactly what you mean, dove in the stock tank last week, froze up, had to ditch my tank and bc, will have to wait until the spring thaw now to get them out.
Taking a drysuit course this weekend, can't think of a better time to, water temp at local lake 48 deg.

Don

I particularly like the green foam around the edges of the stock pond. :D

Warhammer,
I just got off the phone with a friend over at Aqualung/SeaQuest whom is the Manager of Technical Projects. He offered alot of great info about the Apeks inquiries you had. It turns out that these regulators were originally designed to go through stricter CE tests in Europe. They were designed to handle colder waters.

Here in the US though, the consumer puts more emphasis on Work of Breathing or what's called the Breathing Loop or Curve. The effort that it takes to get the air to begin to flow is called the Cracking Effort. When you look at a regulators performance graphs, the spike is the cracking effort. Anything more than .8 is considered to be hard on these shores.

Here in the US technitians have been reducing the cracking effort by swapping out a part. When the Counter Balance Cylinder is shortened it relaxes the spring, which reduces the effort. From what I understand, this doesn't change the WOB, it just flattens out the spike a bit, making it feel easier to breath. From my understanding the units being shipped since Aug are shipping with the Counter Balance Cylinder shorter... which means your shop might have older stock.

Back
Top Bottom