Which cold water regulator

• Apeks mtx-rc

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Aqualung leg3nd elite

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all...ive just joined up so please have patience with me.
Im trying to decide between 2 regulators..first and second stage. These are the apeks mtx-rc...and the new aqualung leg3nd elite. Both regs are cold water rated as that would be my intended use for them. Will be using them on both single and twin set too. Both look great and seem to make simalar claims on performace. Anyone have any expirience using either of these regulators ?

New Legends launched in the last week or two, so don't expect them to have gotten much time in water. MTX-RC has only been shipping in the US for two months, so not much of a track record there, either.

No WOB specs published for either one yet, but from what I know of the brands performance should be similar.

Assuming similar performance, the Apeks may have the edge based on dual swivel hose, 5th port, and a little more rugged design.

The mtx-rc looks really cool, but i think it's way overpriced. Test results are mostly just that, underwater i don't notice a lot of diffrence between modern regs. I got some diffrent apeks sets (ds4+xtx100-atx40/50) and scubapro sets(mk17+g260), and they all peform extremly well in all conditions. Dove them all from 3C celcius up to 30c celsius (37.4c fahrenheit up to 86c fahrenheit). Also deep and cold dives, never had a single failure and they breath fine.

Both sets you linked will peform great, my first choice of those 2 would be the apeks. Just cause they look good. But personally, i would buy my regs in a diffrent price range.

Ok compared to dst/xtx50 in 8 meter pool. Mtx has better breathing when venturi open and knob fully open. Turret is also much better so house routing is easier. Would recommend this rather that dst/xtx, you will not be disappointed. Costed to me £599 per set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom