Apeks MTX-R Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@JohnnyC , welcome to us mere beginners :eyebrow:.
We had a look at MTX -R at my service course, I think it might be slightly lighter than DST. One area I think it will excel is cold water performance (extreme cold) due to it heat exchanger look with all those fins. It also should have good hose routing on BM doubles with 5th port in use or single BM w/o 5th port. One thing I don't like on my DST is that "star" LP configuration, not much of a problem with 5th port installed.

Did Apeks finally design some kind of lock to ensure the air barrel stays in alignment so that the demand levers are flat against the diaphragm after the second stage is assembled? That would interest me more than the cosmetic stuff!

I bet they didn't.

I bet they didn't.

But there is.. @buddhasummer

20180618_211320.jpg

Pardon? There certainly is a lock/ and locator on the barrel which does not allow the barrel or lever to rotate at all.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom