Apeks MTX-R Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, if not checked after attaching hose lever can get very wonky, one leg touching diaphragm and the other not at all. Once you know this it's not a big problem but I'd rather not have to pay it any mind. Redesign the case copying a G250 and the quirk is gone.
Why didn't they?

Ive got a about 50+ dives on this set. Tuned primary a bit to my liking and left the backup alone. Very pleased.

Added venturi and tried to add an adjustment knob today. However theres interference with the extra heat exchanger rings and the travel inward from the knob. I adjusted mine all the way out a while back and never sought the need to increase the spring bias. So no loss. The venturi lever will cover the occasional accidental free flow. My bungee standby reg is untouched, and never has a free flow as set by factory.

I cannot rate this unit highly enough.

Used it for 18 months now regularly under 120ft with a G2 console connected and its overbalanced default setting is phenomenal, giving smooth, performance delivery of EanX or Air at 90ft +

I want to buy a second one to go with the WTX Sidemount harness.

Well done Apeks you rock.

New for meeee

received_1706524756165002.jpeg

How is the price comparison? Any internal changes/improvements or just cosmetics? Cheers.
These are pricier by about 150%. They use limited production Aqualung branding to satisfy clients who requested an American company(read that as a company the client already uses that is based here in the states [aqualung]) branding on their desired product. I haven't opened it up yet. I suspect other than the unique to the USDM mtx series chrome no changes are made.

These are pricier by about 150%. They use limited production Aqualung branding to satisfy clients who requested an American company branding on their desired product. I haven't opened it up yet. I suspect other than the unique to the USDM mtx series chrome no changes are made.

Thanks for the info Dana. Cheers.

These are pricier by about 150%. They use limited production Aqualung branding to satisfy clients who requested an American company branding on their desired product. I haven't opened it up yet. I suspect other than the unique to the USDM mtx series chrome no changes are made.

Funny... I always thought of Aqualung as a French company.

Back
Top Bottom