Apeks Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

www.diveinn.com is in Spain but they're cheap, have good fast shipping for reasonable prices (DHL), and have fantastic customer service.

I'll second Jonnythan, I can order from DiveInn and have it delivered in 3 days, service is awesome. I've had my Apeks DS4 with ATX50 seconds down to 200' and they breathe just like I was on my 15' safety stop. I have over 300 dives on the original, and have rebuilt only once, they are practically bullet proof.

They offer the free shipping now to anywhere in the world.

ranger:
I'll second Jonnythan, I can order from DiveInn and have it delivered in 3 days, service is awesome. I've had my Apeks DS4 with ATX50 seconds down to 200' and they breathe just like I was on my 15' safety stop. I have over 300 dives on the original, and have rebuilt only once, they are practically bullet proof.

I use a DS4/ Atx 50 Pri. and Atx 40 Occto. completely fool proof in cold water. love em. And one of the fiew sec. stages that can be dressed down at depth if you have a prob.

I haven't used the ATX50, but I own an ATX40. I have limited experience, but I do like the reg. ALso, AFAIK the inards of the various Apeks regs are the same, just the bells and whistles are different(adjustment, etc).

I don't think you can go wrong with an AZPeks.

I've got 4 DS4/ATX50s, purchased through DiveInn. I've done about 100 dives on them to a max depth of 200fsw and temperatures down to 38F. So far, I've been happy with the regs. The Apeks regs are reliable and relatively easy to service. The DS4/ATX50 combo seems to be a popular choice among techies. The only complaint that I've heard about the ATX50 is interference from the exhaust bubbles. When I'm in a vertical position, the exhaust bubbles from the ATX50 do rise up in front of my face, but I haven't noticed a problem while horizontal. I haven't tried a TX50, so can't comment on the effect of the wider exhaust tee.

Mike

Scuba Tech:
Great reg, no question, have serviced hundreds of this model.

1st Stage.

HP seat is one of the best in the industy in the hands of an abusive divemaster can last over 1000 dives and not fail.
Itermediate pressure will not creep.
Chrome is some of the best on the market today.
The enviro seal will start to bulge after a while, this is normal and is replaced at service (caused by ware of the primary diaphragm).

2nd Stage.

Phnematicaly ballanced venturi assisted, performance is equal to any other 2nd stage on the market, adjustments are easier to use then most.
Works great in cold due to heat sinks on both sides (adjustment knob is metal for a reason!).
LP seats used by Apeks are kind of crappy and has no seat saving device built in like Atomic and Scubapro. Make sure you store it with the adjustment all the way out!
The venturi system on these are prone to getting sand in the workings (your fault not the regs!) Adjustment will feel gritty and can cause wet breating, keep it out of the sand!
Early ATX's used a rubber (ish) inhalation diaphragm (junk) make sure you have upgraded to the new Aqualung made silicone diaphragm (came out just over 1 year ago), not a warranty part so dont expect old ones to be replaced for free.
Exhaust valve is made from rubber (ish) and is not part of the annual service kit it will go bad after about 2 years, expect to see Aqualung replace this for there silicone LX/Legend Valve soon.

This is one of the best regs on the market today, Reliability, Performance and Cost have made this one of the fastest selling regs world wide. Since its introduction in the Aqualung line up the Apeks brand has become a real Scubapro killer. We are now servicing more Apeks brand regs then Scubapro's!

Enjoy! :crafty:

Very good information. Thank you.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom