Apeks DS4 alternatives for rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FX CCR config let’s you choose apexs or dive rite for fixed IP.
Why would the FX need a fixed IP?
Isn't it an eccr?

Triton mccr rebreather used to come with a modified DS4 (fixed IP). Now it comes with this specific regulator designed with Beuchat.

Btw the way, never had any problem with my DS4, got 4 of them with various second stages.

The JJ ships with Apeks US4 first stages.

I always swap mine out for Scubapro Mk11s - far better regulators with more easily available service kits.

The only Apeks regs I own (aside from the two brand-new ones taken of my latest JJ) are the ones I use to drive my booster. They're just cheap lumps of crappy brass that I wouldn't take underwater.

I should have added: I need a stage I can blank to avoid pressure compensation. Can you blank FT1s, @sea_ledford ?
Can you explain why on some rebreathers you should not have depth compensation?

Can you explain why on some rebreathers you should not have depth compensation?
Some manual rebreathers leak O2 into the loop with constant mass flow. If the IP rises with depth, more O2 would be pushed through the orfice. But you just want one 'surface liter' of mass going into the loop whatever the depth is.

Here's a reg I had Martin make, his man hadn't made one before, there's a photo of it on his page

051A 27.3.18.JPG

get my ds4s from him too

25 years of old APEKS regs and still going strong forever

, so would interesting to know if @rddvet had new regs that were made after June 2021 and still failed.
All of my Apeks are about 4.5-5 years old. The one that blew a week ago was serviced about 14 months ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom