Apeks DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWA7265

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’m trying to figure out if there is a difference between the non o2 clean din connection to the o2 clean din connection. I have a M26 DIN connection (EU o2 DIN) on my Apeks ds4 o2 clean first stage (the one with the green color) and i need to switch it over the the US M25 DIN connection. Are there two different part numbers for the DIN connection that comes with the standard DS4 vs the 02 clean DS4? (Both US)

To find this out someone would need to look in the part number break down for the standard DS4 and then look at the part number break down for the o2 clean DS4.

Thank you!!

no, the parts are the same, handling procedures are a bit more stringent in order for the o2 clean version to be certified.

Didn't DIN make a special thread only for use with Nitrox and O2 rather than the standard DIN thread we use? If the OP is getting this from Europe, or a manufacturers catalog that sells to the EU, it would be something to check out before buying.

you can still buy the regular din also in europe, they just can't sell the factory o2 cleaned deco reg with that fitting

I’m trying to figure out if there is a difference between the non o2 clean din connection to the o2 clean din connection. I have a M26 DIN connection (EU o2 DIN) on my Apeks ds4 o2 clean first stage (the one with the green color) and i need to switch it over the the US M25 DIN connection. Are there two different part numbers for the DIN connection that comes with the standard DS4 vs the 02 clean DS4? (Both US)

To find this out someone would need to look in the part number break down for the standard DS4 and then look at the part number break down for the o2 clean DS4.

Thank you!!
There should be difference between the two otherwise what is the point.
My GUESS is the handwheel(AP1470 for M25) because it is the part that the reg is connected to the tank.
I cannot see why there should be any difference for the connector(AP1471) but I could be wrong.

Apeks DIN 300Bar or M26 connection screw.

Ask Apeks directly.

there is no difference outside europe, because only europe mandates usage of m26. you can buy the deco versions of the apeks regs in regular din outside europe.

I am not sure about the question but I understand it as you asking if the DIN M25 non-O2 clean connector is the same as the DIN M25 O2 clean connector. Right?
In that case I would say yes (but I may be wrong).
I would even say that, from the factory, all Apeks reg are the same: all ready to be used as O2 reg, color code and M26 being just used as marketing or European regulations practices.
But of course, don't trust me on that on :)

I think the OP wants to know about differences between M25 O2 clean and M25 non-O2 clean.
Not M25 vs M26

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom