apeks atx 200 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received an e-mail from the Apeks service manager - Black chrome parts will be available again in about 6 weeks. Quality problems have been resolved.

jacek once bubbled...
btw since we're on the subject. :) how hard is it to get gas fills for a DIN tank in the US? I realize that you can get one of those DIN to yoke gas filler converters but then your tank will never be filled with more than 3k psi ? just being curious. thanks again.

I don't think it should be a problem, all (that I've seen) HP tanks are DIN and quite a few people use them. I know my LDS has 2 lines on the fill bank that are DIN connections, they also do the 4500psi SCBA tanks for the fire depts so they can obviously push a 3500 psi fill.

The problem with the black was the high pressure side(side w/ hex nut, not diaphram) would freeze up. something would cause the nut to freeze in so that it was impossible to remove. A ***** when it comes time for service

pos-tech once bubbled...
The problem with the black was the high pressure side(side w/ hex nut, not diaphram) would freeze up. something would cause the nut to freeze in so that it was impossible to remove. A ***** when it comes time for service

Thats interresting.Im looking at buying a black one from a LDS for a decent price.He said it is discontinued but still covered under warranty.So when this hex nut freezes up,is that covered under warranty if the 1st stage gets screwed up from when the shop tries to remove it whne brought in for a service?

Also do the satin versions have this problem.I was assured by the dive shop that they were the exact same thing except for the finish which wouldnt affect anything.

We have had to send bodys in with frozen hex nut and they send new one back, just takes a few weeks

nickjb once bubbled...
DIN is more secure and less likely to fail. This is a benefit on deep dives but its also a nice feature to have on any dive.

Plenty of people have done deep dives without DIN and lived. The other side to the arguement is can you find any advantage in yoke clamps (other than you already have one)?
Yoke has ONE advantage. Most dive operations/liveaboards I've been on in the US and the Carribean only have tanks set up for yokes. Not a problem if you travel with your own tanks, but a major hastle otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom