AOW Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronniemu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going for my AOW training at the end of July and paid my dive shop the cost. At the time I paid the dive shop, I was told I needed the "Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak and then purchased it. When browsing the internet I noticed that the "Adventures in Diving Video" was listed as required. Can someone let me know if the video is required and if the video contains alot of information? Is the video expensive? Thanks, Ronnie

I signed up for 3 of the 5 required AOW dives a few weeks ago and my LDS gave me the Adventures in Diving manual and Adventures in Diving DVD as part of the package. I thought the video would have a matching video lesson for each section in the book, but it doesn't. It covers some aspects of night diving and deep diving and lightly shows you how much "fun" all the other adventure dives can be (action shots) and shows you what bunches of different equipment look like.

I consider the DVD to just be more of an incentive to read the book. I would call it a "Psych Myself Up Video" (then again, just thinking about diving gets me all psyched up). It really doesn't add much to the written material. The book is where all the useful information I wanted was and I really enjoyed tearing through each chapter.

I did my UW Nav, PPB, and Search & Recovery dives a couple weeks ago. I still have to do the Deep and Wreck dives to finish up my PADI AOW.

Good luck and don't worry about the DVD! If you REALLY want a copy of it, PM me.

the Padi website lists the video/dvd as recommended. the shop has a choice when they order the crew pack, they can be ordered with or with out the video included. I personally lend the video to my students so they dont have to by it.

The LDS here lends the video to students. It's worth viewing but not something I would want in my video collection.

They showed the video in the classroom part of my AOW...I did not have to buy it just the book.

I bought a copy but will donate it to the LDS after the course. It's not something I'll be needing to review on a regular basis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom