AOW at the BS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevensondrive

Registered
Reaction score
well, it looks like I have completed my AOW certification. The local group rented some houseboats and just had a weekend trip at Bull Shoals. This was my first group trip with them. They had plenty of food for everyone. It was a fun time. The entire area was beautiful.

I just completed my night dive (twice) and did my deep dive. I was a little anxious about going deep. but it was pretty uneventful. We went down to 86' at about 63 degrees. I had my 5 mil and my shorty on along with a hood and gloves. I was comfortable. that is until we got back to 25' at the upper thermocline. We hung around 45-47' for a few minutes then hovered around 15' for a few minutes before surfacing.

so, now that I have my AOW card....what's next? I guess next year i'll have to consider the rescue course. I really NEED to do some wreck diving with Brad up at the Great Lakes. :D

Congratulations.

Id say whats next depends on where you want to go. Was Nitrox one you selected for AOW? If not you may want that. I am looking to do rescue next myself )

Josh

I did wreck, night and search & recovery. I've thought about nitrox, but haven't been convinced it is worth it.

right now I just wanna get wet :wink:

I did AOW through Padi but my OW through SSI

I did

Night
Deep
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Underwater Nav
Wreck

I am taking Nitrox wed, but would have taken it as one of my 5 if I had the opportunity at the time, no biggie.

I think for me it will be a prereq for the kind of diving id like to get into anyways, besides.. you can stay wetter for longer )

Josh

Congrats on your AOW! I highly recommend the Rescue Diver course. Toughest course I've taken to date, but very worth while. Recommend getting Nitrox certifiied too.

Back
Top Bottom