Anyway to test Flying Force Fin or Excellerating Force Fin in Finland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valyngar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am mine diver and wanted to get some new fins to replace my Diverite Xt's. Found these 2 models of Force Fin, of which at least Excellerating seem to work with frog kicks, backward kicks and helicopter (I don't flutter kick). I dive with rebreather and 4 bottles. I know normal Force Fins will nor work for this kind of diving/kicking
Is there anyway to test these (which ever model is best for the kind of kicks) in Finland. Have there been any sales to Finland? Any reviews to help me?

Also if master Evans answers, do gaspods work only in cars that have steep slope in back or would they work on Audi A8 model 2004?

Yes, I read that. What equipment you used? Doubles?

All I can say is Kevin Gurr and many Tek divers in Europe use the Excell. I designed this Force Fin for Captain Billy Deans, Key West Divers...it's a true Force Fin winner for all your kicks. You can find Dan on Face Book. He is now a friend, but he sure kicked us down the road and did more harm than most. But when we had a chance to talk, he found out I was a nice person and stopped his negative reports. I was thinking the other day on how it took over 16 years to make the orginial Force Fin. Now at 71 years old it's seems like centuries ago making Force Fins. Our USA production is really in trouble and barely able to fill US Navy order. If you order it might takes weeks, so think twice about it. Thank you.

Hi,

I am mine diver and wanted to get some new fins to replace my Diverite Xt's. Found these 2 models of Force Fin, of which at least Excellerating seem to work with frog kicks, backward kicks and helicopter (I don't flutter kick). I dive with rebreather and 4 bottles. I know normal Force Fins will nor work for this kind of diving/kicking
Is there anyway to test these (which ever model is best for the kind of kicks) in Finland. Have there been any sales to Finland? Any reviews to help me?

Also if master Evans answers, do gaspods work only in cars that have steep slope in back or would they work on Audi A8 model 2004?
The Excell is over 25 years old. You can find many reviews and all postive. In fact it was tested as the fastest fin in a German Magazine. Designed for Captain Billy Deans, Key West Divers, Flordia. I do have a distributor in Finland, but he only sales the Orginial and Pro Models. Will get this address. Our USA production is having a very hard time now and really not sure of the future. Pods will work great on your Audi. On rear area. Thanks for your interest. Finland was the first country to sell our Force fins to the Russina military. A long time ago 1985. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric

Hi,

Couple of things to consider. I see you mention frog kicking. WHY????? Frog kicking is for, well FROGS!! You have to TEACH people to use frog kicking to COMPENSATE for the PROBLEMS with other fins. With Force Fins, you can kick in a completely NATURAL movement and you won’t kick up the silt. You can still frog kick, but WHY??

I would be more than happy to take you out and show you what I’m talking about. I live in Tallinn. So just pop on down. I take Finnish divers out all the time.

I don’t have Excellerator, but I do have Extra Force which have comparable characteristics.

I’d be glad to help. Additionally, I’ll be in the USA in January and can bring the fins back to Estonia in my luggage. If you are interested.

Couple of things to consider. I see you mention frog kicking. WHY????? Frog kicking is for, well FROGS!! You have to TEACH people to use frog kicking to COMPENSATE for the PROBLEMS with other fins. With Force Fins, you can kick in a completely NATURAL movement and you won’t kick up the silt. You can still frog kick, but WHY??

I would be more than happy to take you out and show you what I’m talking about. I live in Tallinn. So just pop on down. I take Finnish divers out all the time.

I don’t have Excellerator, but I do have Extra Force which have comparable characteristics.

I’d be glad to help. Additionally, I’ll be in the USA in January and can bring the fins back to Estonia in my luggage. If you are interested.

Sounds good, I think about making trip Estonia. Maybe checkout same time that underwater prison. But can you do backwards and helicopter kicks with them?

Sounds good, I think about making trip Estonia. Maybe checkout same time that underwater prison. But can you do backwards and helicopter kicks with them?
Great! Come on over. I have taken hundreds of folks to Rummu. Yes. You can and will have complete mobility. Backwards, Helicopter, Land Cruiser, Surf Board, Hovercraft, all the necessary kicks.

I get so much propulsion that for moving through high-risk silt areas slowly, I just bend my knees and use my ankles (up and down) and this is enough to move me through buildings.

Sibermike. I hate to disagree, but the extra doesn't swim like a excellerator. The extra is a Pro FF on steroids, bigger, stronger and meaner. The excellerator, can do almost everything the extra can, but does so in a refined, pleasant manner.

I've said it before and I think it's worth repeating. The beauty of FFs comes out when you flex them. The extra takes a lot to load up. The excellerator however has a taper profile that lets you load up the whole fin for go, or just the tips for really fine movement. Both have a place, but I rarely find myself grabbing the extras while the excellerators are in constant rotation.

Back
Top Bottom