anything interesting @ Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccooper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody know where any structures, foundations or sunk boats are at lanier. I dive there often (its only 30 minutes away) but get pretty bored not seeing anything. I have a map that shows foundations and submerged bridges but I have not found any. There was rumor of a 60' houseboat sunk close to red marker #2 around the dam area but I could not find it after diving 4 times around that point. I heard that the corps of engineers may have had it removed. I also dove for the race track up around Clarks Bridge but aborted the dive rather quickly considering I could not see my computer 6" in front of my mask. The vis is worse the farther up the lake you go I guess due to the river stirring up all the silt. Thanks for any info and btw I may do a quick dive to lanier this weekend if anyone wants to come.

ccooper:
Anybody know where any structures, foundations or sunk boats are at lanier. I dive there often (its only 30 minutes away) but get pretty bored not seeing anything. I have a map that shows foundations and submerged bridges but I have not found any. There was rumor of a 60' houseboat sunk close to red marker #2 around the dam area but I could not find it after diving 4 times around that point. I heard that the corps of engineers may have had it removed. I also dove for the race track up around Clarks Bridge but aborted the dive rather quickly considering I could not see my computer 6" in front of my mask. The vis is worse the farther up the lake you go I guess due to the river stirring up all the silt. Thanks for any info and btw I may do a quick dive to lanier this weekend if anyone wants to come.
We went to redneck reef last week, and there was some cool lawn art in the water. Check out the post I have up on the board, It gives directions and a report of the dive.
Kyle

kylepreid:
We went to redneck reef last week, and there was some cool lawn art in the water. Check out the post I have up on the board, It gives directions and a report of the dive.
Kyle
Hey Kyle, I'm the one that was going to try to meet yall at redneck reef last week, but had something come up. I may take a look at redneck reef one day this weekend. thanks

ccooper:
Hey Kyle, I'm the one that was going to try to meet yall at redneck reef last week, but had something come up. I may take a look at redneck reef one day this weekend. thanks
Yea sometimes I have brain farts, sorry.

Is the houseboat still at Youngblood's Cove? I dived it 20 years ago, but I don't remember the compass heading to find it.

Walter:
Is the houseboat still at Youngblood's Cove? I dived it 20 years ago, but I don't remember the compass heading to find it.
I don't know. Where is Youngblood's Cove. I looked for it briefly on the map but could not find. Give me a general area of Lanier where it's at and I'll ask around. What size boat, what depth?

Hell, I have no idea, but there was a small shop where Grady Youngblood filled tanks and sold a few items. I was there once in 1985 and I didn't drive. Maybe you can find Grady in the phone book?

Back
Top Bottom