Anyone with diving experience from Greg's Wall, Radama Archipelago, Madagascar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
I have been looking into Greg's Wall divesite in Madagascar. It seems to be very remote and only a few dive operations in Nosy Be seem to have it in their "menu". I have sent some emails but got no response yet so I was wandering if anyone here had been there.
It seems that there are plenty of excellent divesites closer to Nosy Be so maybe Greg's Wall is just not worth the effort.
Best regards
Jordi Altimiras

Hi Jordi,

Just saw this as I registered recently. Diving in Nosy Be is fantastic! I can really recommend Scuba Nosy Be, Ocean Dream (did the Mitsio Archipelago tour with them, also great) and Diving Cattitude (did not go with them myself because timing did not match but only heard great recommendations for their croisières).
I did not make it to Gregs Wall yet - had planned for end of October (when one might see whale sharks and hump back whales) to do another few days with Scuba Nosy Be again just off Nosy Be. They do many great sites (I especially love Atnam, huge gorgones and leopard shark followed us all along the wall ) , and a really great club. They usually do double tanks and one is back for lunch so enough time also to explore the island. They also do day tours to some of the other smaller islands around where you take seafood lunch). And they just got a boat as well, going to Radames Archipelago (where Gregs wall is)- they have a little different concept than the others where you sleep on the island, either in a nice hotel or you can camp on the beach.
Ocean Dream and Diving Cattitude both offer Mitsio and Radames Archipelago tours. Mitsio is more shallow though there are a few 40m dives and Radames most interesting dives are deeper (which is why we waited as our youngest is just 15 and only just got his SSI AOW deep).
That fell through for us due to covid though. Nosy Be was closed for tourists in May due to covid when you wrote and it might still be, not sure. When did / do you plan to go? If you look for flights look at Ethiopian Airlines - of course with covid all changes but they had great flights from many places with change in Addis directly to Nosy Be. Might be cheaper and faster than via Tana as inland flights in Madagascar are quite expensive.
Good luck!

Would second recommendation for Scuba Nosy Be and suggest also looking at Sakatia Diving and Mengabe Plongee. Be aware that there are some less than stellar operators on Nosy Be (main street Amboatalaka opposite Zebu Burger) would definitely not recommend.

Would second recommendation for Scuba Nosy Be and suggest also looking at Sakatia Diving and Mengabe Plongee. Be aware that there are some less than stellar operators on Nosy Be (main street Amboatalaka opposite Zebu Burger) would definitely not recommend.
HI
I WAS WANDERING AS WELL IN MID SEPTEMBER TO COME FOR 15 DAYS .. TO SEE HUMPBACK AND we LIKE MACRO AND MUCK AS WELL. what is the best choise for this ? operatour? (want to dive as much as can be... +some island tours to see the special anuimels)

All the videos I see of diving in Madagascar, specifically off of Nosy Be seem to have low visability. Any feedback on what it is like in Oct/Nov. I am planning a trip there this year at that time.

Not sure what you call low visibility, but we had always at least 15-20m if not more. That was in March and April though each time (we have been three times so far).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom