Anyone wanna go diving next month?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well my number finally came up for leave, so I should be home by the 7th or 8th of July. Been suffering from Scuba Fever for a while now, and would love to get out into the water with some Texas divers and have a good time. I'll be around Austin, so I'm primarily looking at Lake Travis but any other nearby dive sites are good to go.

Who's up? PM me or post here. I should be in country for a couple weeks, plenty of time to go have a blast.

Peace,
Greg

Assuming you're at 25th, isn't there a lot of good diving to be done right where you are? I've never been to Hawaii, but I plan to dive there sometime. As for your leave dates, my weekends in July are already planned. Sorry bro.

reading his post I would assume he is in another country serving in the armed forces and last time I looked Hawaii is in our country :D

anyway... welcome home and thanks for keeping our country safe :) right now we are in a drought and lake travis is really low but still diveable....have fun on leave....:D

Yeah, I figured that. BUT, if his duty station is 25th, that is in Hawaii. Most units come back for at least 6 mos. before making another tour, and when I was in, 4 day passes are abundant when you're in garrison.

He is most likely going on a mid tour leave. Thats usually only about two weeks. I would love to dive with ya but I will be in Keys in July. Thanks for what your doing.

You've got a dive buddy that lives next to Lake Travis, Greg. Let me know when you want to go. :D

PM Sent.

Assuming you're at 25th, isn't there a lot of good diving to be done right where you are? I've never been to Hawaii, but I plan to dive there sometime. As for your leave dates, my weekends in July are already planned. Sorry bro.

Yes I am in the 25th ID, stationed in Hawaii. And yes, there is tons of great diving there but unfortunately I have spent the last 8 months in Iraq. No good diving here. We don't even have a swimming pool where I'm at...

And thanks for all the umm..thanks. Even after four years in service, and on my second tour in Iraq I still don't quite know how to handle the graciousness my statesmen and -women show to myself and other service members.

Everyone who has PM'ed me, your replys are on the way.

Peace,
Greg

Scubaland's dive club does dives at Windy Point (Travis) on wed and thursday evenings. Meet and figure out buddies around 1830.

Yes I am in the 25th ID, stationed in Hawaii. And yes, there is tons of great diving there but unfortunately I have spent the last 8 months in Iraq. No good diving here. We don't even have a swimming pool where I'm at...

And thanks for all the umm..thanks. Even after four years in service, and on my second tour in Iraq I still don't quite know how to handle the graciousness my statesmen and -women show to myself and other service members.

Everyone who has PM'ed me, your replys are on the way.

Peace,
Greg

dang no pool :wink: even we had a pool on VBC . . . of course that was on VBC . . .

where is you hangin your hat in country?

dang no pool :wink: even we had a pool on VBC . . . of course that was on VBC . . .

where is you hangin your hat in country?

This deployment I call FOB Summerall my home. Never heard of it? Really? I don't doubt it. Place is just big and important enough to warrant a KBR DFAC and MWR, which is a nice jump from the hole in the desert I was at last time.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom