Anyone using the GoPro LCD Bacpac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW Driftin only 30-40 minutes out of you battery with the LCD? I have shot for just about an hour with mine on the whole time and it still shoed battery life, but I changed it for the next dive.

No, I have no experience with it. That was HollywoodDivers that reported 30-40 minutes. Good to hear that you've gotten longer run times.

With the LCD back I've had minor to mild condensation in the housing, due to the extra heat generated when the LCD is on.

That more has to do with the relative humidity in the air captured in the case. If you can "condition"/dry the air before closing the case there won't be any/much moisture in it to condensate. I always let the air conditioner blow air into my still camera housings before closing them. But that is assuming that you have an air conditioner available and I always avoid opening the housing on a boat but there you could also blast some air from you tank into the housing since it is dry as well. Otherwise, you'll have to resort to some sort of descant... luckily there is such little extraneous volume in the GoPro housing.

I just bought my Go Pro Hero with the LCD screen ... I got two dives with about an hour and a half in cold water (one dive 48 the other 57 degrees F) before the battery died. I left the LCD screen on the entire time for both dives and was more than happy with the battery time

Back
Top Bottom