anyone using a regulator necklace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the bungee/fisherman knot crowd too. I started with an AirII and went to long hose and bungee'd necklace. I find that it just "feels" right to me. I am a recreational diver that catches a lot of crap for the style of hoses I dive but oh well. If and when I ever get into an OOA situation I am certain that I can handle it without having a panicked diver in my face.

Am I the only person that hates the way the Reg in the necklace hits the reg in your mouth? It seems so loud and disturbing underwater to me. I have tried a few hand tied necklace of various lengths and a rubber one I purchased. I keep my spare reg attached to by BP Harness on the shoulder D ring so it is only about 6 inches farther away from my mouth than it would be if it was in a necklace.

Am I the only person that hates the way the Reg in the necklace hits the reg in your mouth? It seems so loud and disturbing underwater to me. I have tried a few hand tied necklace of various lengths and a rubber one I purchased. I keep my spare reg attached to by BP Harness on the shoulder D ring so it is only about 6 inches farther away from my mouth than it would be if it was in a necklace.

The reg in my mouth has never hit the reg on my necklace and the necklace it very short... How did they get close enough to hit? Was the necklace too long so the octo could swing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The octo swings up during the glide of my frog kick.

The necklace is too long. It should not be able to swing at all.

N

The necklace is too long. It should not be able to swing at all.

N

Yup, that's what I assumed as well. I always have my necklace tight enough so the octo is sitting fairly snugly at the base of my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use home made, 1/8" bungee from west marine. I zipped tight it at mouth piece. I have seen those IST type of necklace. I haven't use it myself. From the look of it, I don't know how secure they will be holding on the 2nd stage. The last thing you want is to have the 22" octo come off from your necklace.

I use the yellow flavor of the IST and it has never come off the reg. It doesn't take much force to make it come off so I suppose if the hose gets snagged the second stage is going bye-bye. BTW, it isn't DIR. They prefer to use a bungie secured by a cable tie as you do. For an opposing viewpoint see post #33. I'm diving mostly OW but if I do more wreck penetration I'll revisit this.

I used the big rubber necklace for a while but didn't like the length of it. Always found it being annoying so I switched to a homemade one. Homemade one works perfect and cost 1/10 the price.

The only time I don't use a necklace is when using the Rebreather.

Other than that I use the thick rubber type from XS Scuba or the adjustable bungie design from DiveRite.

Either is good, but I prefer the rubber one when diving with recreation divers. As with a small tug it releases if someone has an OOA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom