Anyone use Waterproof Mascara that stays on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwaaitjie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

My first post and it has to be a "beauty" one which is so unlike me. I'm usually just "one of the boys" and never wear any make up when diving.

However, I am sick of having my photo taken underwater and looking like a rat with tiny eyes.

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof mascara which will stay on, gives nice dark eyelashes and doesn't make you look like a raccoon after diving?

Or should I be wearing waterproof eyeliner (is there such a thing?).

Embarrassed to sound so vain!

Thanks
:D

I do underwater photography, and quite understand. Do a Google search for "waterproof makeup" and you should find the info you need. Not that uncommon, just a question of what's available locally, or via internet.

I used to compete in Synchronized Swimming and used Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara without any problems. For an eyeliner (yes we did use quite a bit make up while splashing around in the pool) I used the brand Aqua Eyes. However, then I went for a permanent eyeliner - bit painful the process - and problem resolved forever!

I second the waterproof Maybelline Great Lash! It's the only brand I've found to stay on and on and on. In fact, it's hard to get off - you will have to use the waterproof eye make-up remover.

I really like Lancome's Definicils!! :yeahbaby:

I have yet to find anything. Pool or Ocean. From drugstore cheapies, high end department store, to "multi-level" marketing brands. I have given up. I would love scuba proof concealer. Then my life would be perfect. LOL.

"I have heard of your paintings, too;

God has given you one face and you make yourself another."

I find a good fitting mask, one that admits no water save the sweat that runs down your forehead and the tears of vexation which spring unbidden when unkind works are spoken, can do a good job of preserving mascara if you are careful to remove your mask in a way that prevents wet hair and sinus snot from making contact with the eye area. Even after prolonged immersion among the reeds Ophelia's eye makeup looked pretty good in the version of Hamlet I saw last year.

Hi
My first post and it has to be a "beauty" one which is so unlike me. I'm usually just "one of the boys" and never wear any make up when diving.
Can anyone recommend a good waterproof mascara which will stay on,

Are you a man?

+1 for the Maybelline (great lash or stiletto). Any 24 hour or waterproof eyeliner at Walmart works for me. I'm looking for a concealer too. L'Oreal Infallible 24 hour eye shadow works well on dry land - doesn't come off in the shower and is hard to get off with make-up remover - so I'll be giving it a test run next trip!

I also agree with the waterproof maybelline brands. I like the Falsies version in black drama. :D And on those rare occasions where I don't crack up laughing underwater which floods my mask, the eyeliner and eye shadow I didn't wash off from work will still be on too. :D Definitely need a waterproof eye makeup remover to get it off though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom