Anyone use the heart rate monitor on their sol ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that comment directed at me?

No - I'm an SP fan myself own regs and all our fins are SP......

I turn 47 in Feb so close to 50 myself.......

I just want to see the output with real actual dives....not the SP marketing stuff.....

A bunch of posters said "used on every dive" I am just interested in seeing what that really means......

M

I was responding to post #19......

M

Hear you. Peace Friend.

You want to use it due to the fact it is a better read on your nitrogen load. If you are getting workloads, it will give you less NO Stop ( NDL ) time.

Why?

Because you are more loaded up with nitrogen. due to your increased workload

This is misinformation and wrong. The only thing that impacts nitrogen load is exposure to nitrogen at pressure. Your body ongases it at the same rate regardless of workload. Workload is a significant factor in CO2 (and in a roundabout way in risk of oxtox - which is why 1.6 PP02 is allowed for decompression vs. 1.4 during the working phase). Your NDL will not increase or decrease with your heart rate.

This is misinformation and wrong. The only thing that impacts nitrogen load is exposure to nitrogen at pressure. Your body ongases it at the same rate regardless of workload. Workload is a significant factor in CO2 (and in a roundabout way in risk of oxtox - which is why 1.6 PP02 is allowed for decompression vs. 1.4 during the working phase). Your NDL will not increase or decrease with your heart rate.
Prove your statement:

"The only thing that impacts nitrogen load is exposure to nitrogen at pressure. "

Prove your statement:

"The only thing that impacts nitrogen load is exposure to nitrogen at pressure. "

We can start here. Henry's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only energy component of the equation is heat. Since we're talking about internal tissue temperatures changing to impact Henry's law (which would both speed up on and offgassing equally depending on the gradient difference and the stage of your dive) the only difference can be within the normal range of internal tissue swing that the body is likely to encounter while diving (you can solve out the equation to see what happens when the internal tissue temperature were to change if you'd like). The amount of swing isn't enough to substantially impact NDL.

Your volley.

Prove your statement:

Who is selling these computers?

I'm no expert on decompression, but the cardiac output does effect nitrogen loading and that's why by default the Sol adapts the algorithm to the workload as determined by the heart rate. This is discussed in the manual (see section 2.9.5 page 37). Increased workload shortens the no-deco times and increases deco times. It has to do with the increased minute ventilation and the rate of nitrogen uptake with increased cardiac output and the redistribution of blood flow to the different tissues with increased cardiac output.

Back
Top Bottom