Anyone use the heart rate monitor on their sol ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you are a combat diver or other highly specialized diver, I have no idea why you would have a significantly elevated heart rate......

After all it is recreational diving........:)

M

I use it. I'm not a kid anymore. Never cut my dives short as far as I recall.

Hi all,
Bought my Sol secondhand with no Polar heart belt; immediately bought one and used it almost at every dive since ; only a few times forgotten to put the strap on before all the other gear :D.
(I actualy use the belt also in the gym at the cycles and other stuff for cardio training, as Polar is in tune with a lot of heart rate monitors).
At home i can check my heart rate across the whole dive with the Smarttrak software and it helps me to analyze my diving "attitude" in reaction to what I do (and see) underwater. Nothing medical, just self analysis, but I like the feature.
I have put the Sol on work load "allways highest" (i.e. of heart or respiration, page 38). Only 1 dive irregular signal-drops (battery?).
All in all very pleased with Sol +heartrate.

rongen - so I get a HR monitor for cardio training........so what have you learned or seen with the Sol during your dives?

Does your HR jump when you see something cool? If so by how much and for how long?

Does your HR start high and then go low during your dive?

What is your resting HR and what is your average while diving?

Goes for any Sol user - what has the HR function done for you, specifically?

Just curious......

M

I have had the Sol since it first came out and love the computer but never used the heart rate monitor. My buddy who also has one used his for a short time and found that his heart rate went down when he descended. I always teased him that the only the thing the heart rate monitor is good for is time of death.

This is fascinating. I never saw a need for a heart rate monitor, but I do think it will be interesting to analyze the data.

Looking for someone/anyone to post numbers/data......

A dive profile with depth, SAC and HR would be nice........

M

Why. You looking to slam Scubapro?

I find it to be a useful tool. Aside from adjusting the ndl for increased work load, I like the fact that it fires me a warning shot when I'm pushing the envelope. I'm in my 50's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom