Anyone use the DUI weight and Trim 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba newbie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've seen the DUI weight and Trim 2 in scubadiving.com. They say it fits under any BC and that it's amazing. Has anybody used this instead of a weight belt? What do you think. I don't see how you can ditch the weights if you had too when it's underneath the BC.

I don't use it cause I don't use weight but I have friends that do and love them. the weight will ditch and when out of the h20 it is distributed on your body better to save your back. very good system.

Bobby

I have tried it at the demo day. It was a good and solid configuration. Especially, my buddy really liked it. If you have to carry a lot of weights, it is the first option to consider. It is much much better than the weight belt.

scuba newbie:
I've seen the DUI weight and Trim 2 in scubadiving.com. They say it fits under any BC and that it's amazing. Has anybody used this instead of a weight belt? What do you think. I don't see how you can ditch the weights if you had too when it's underneath the BC.
I use the DUI weight and Trim 2 for the simple reason that the Good Lord forgot to give me a tush..meaning that a conventional weight belt will slip off with little or no prompting. Depending on your body weight distribution, you may have to trim with weights on your upper torso to keep you in true horizontal trim, but ditching is no problem. A drawcord opens the pouches at the bottom and the weights drop out on their own. I've pool tested the system, and while hanging on to the nylon ripcord could be a problem, particularly if you are in some kind of emergency, getting rid of the weights was easy.

I use the DUI W&T2 for both PSD work and for diving with my re-breather. It is an outstanding unit. Very comfortable. Easy to drop one-half, or all of the weight should you so desire.

I use the W&T. It's the same as the W&T2, except it uses a webbing for the shoulder straps.

I only use it when I need extra weight, like diving my neoprene drysuit. It carries weight wonderfully. I load it with about 25 lbs. and can walk around with the weight all day. I like it because like another poster, my posterior isn't enough to hold a weight belt up.

I also like the fact that I can put weight in the W&T and use it as nonditchable. What I mean is I put about 25 lbs in the W&T and about 6-8 lbs. in my weight integrated BC. I consider the BC weight as ditchable. If I dropped the 25 lbs I'd be a rocket. In regards to if it were under a BC it's be nonditchable - you wear the W&T low on your hips and it is under your BC, so you could ditch it if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom