Anyone use Red Sail in the Cayman's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew

Im not busting on red sail but what i posted was based off talking to a couple one evening at the pool at the westin.

as for the 110 price, that was the price posted on the board by the red sail shack out by the beach, and the couple told me that was in CI dollars

as for the boat i saw it pull up to the westin beach several times around noon at the westin when i was walking down the beach at the hyatt and counted the people on the boat and counted 20 on the boat , plus crew. as for the boat it was a flat bottom boat not one of the pro XX that you all had and saw as we were cruising inside the break reef before hitting open water

Question what is the reasonong behind the OF boats slowing down when they are passing morrits, is it so that boats can go out together ?

again for the ascents this was info i got from the couple in the pool at the westin that one night, so its second hand info.

your welcome for the plug , and i have seen first hand of what guides do when they are asked to look over a new/nervous diver

Dan

Scubatooth once bubbled...
Question what is the reasonong behind the OF boats slowing down when they are passing morrits, is it so that boats can go out together ?

Cayman has regulations about boat speed in close proximity to shore. Since the shoal reef is so close in at Morritt's, boats end up close to shore there. Thus boats need to slow down to comply.

Also, that area is often peppered with snorkelers. With glare on the water at certains times, it can be hard to see someone at a distance. Simple prudence dictates a slower pace.

Rumor has it that the Dept of Environment will be installing some buoys to better demarcate a zone for snorkeling and swimming.

I used Red Sail in Aruba. I had heard the cattle boat stories and the short dive times and all the other bad stuff. I had a great time! Boats weren't crowded, diving was at my pace with good profiles. And the DMs were unbelievable! I was by myself so I pretty much buddied up with the DMs. I had a great time!
Based on this experience with Red Sail I would dive with them in Cayman. I'd even drive, think left, around to Tortugas and dive with the sailbum! I've read lots of his posts, he'd be fun to dive with. As far as prices go, if money is tight go somewhere other then Cayman. Nothing is cheap there. But Cayman is a great place and is worth the money! Wish I could go there again, soon!
Stingray City was even fun the first two or three times!
Have a great time,
Joe
:D

Back
Top Bottom