Anyone use PilotHouse Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since I just noticed Capt. David posting around on the forums, I fugured what better way to get him to introduce himself by putting him on the spot!

Anyone here use him for any diving yet?

I looked around the site to try and get a good idea of what the boat looks like, but unfortunately there isn't any good pictures of the deck setup. Looks like there is a swim platform. Can't tell about a transom door. What about benches?

Also, what emergency supplies do you have on board? O2? How much?

What's the speed & range?

Basically asking because there's quite a few boats out there that are great for the typical diver in singles, but a downright nightmare for doubles & deco bottles... and I'm always on the lookout for good boats!

[BTW, David, not really trying to put you on the spot. It's good to hear some options down that way]

The boat is set up for single divers. This is my first year runjing the boat as a charter boat. I was originally hoping to do a lot more fishing trips this year, and just dropped some cards at a local dive shop. Needless to say this summer has been busy with dive trips and not to busy with fishing trips.. Which is still great. The boat has a full transom bracket, with a T-Ladder with 4 steps. I am always there to lend a helping hand in and out of the boat. There is no transom door. All of my trips this year have been for lobsters/spearfishing. I have done a couple of deep dive trips but they were for AOW classes, and there was a dive master onboard. Usual lobster trips are in 25 to 40 fsw. Nice and easy but very productive. All within 1/4 to 1/2 to shore. Very rocky. This year I got certified through DAN for the O2 kit, and will be purchasing one in the offseason. I have only been diving myself for about 5 years now. The boat has a single 250 Yamaha and will do 30 MPH. Typical trip to a dive location 15-20 mins max. The tank hold 173 gallons of fuel more than enough for any trip that will ever be done. I like to keep trips to 4 people max with gear and tanks the cockpit gets full quickly. I have 2 jump seats in the pilothouse and I have two chairs I place out on the deck so everyone can defiantely sit. I run the boat part time on the weekends only as I already have a full time job Mon-Fri. Season runs from mid May thru mid Oct. I have had a great year thus far, and was very lucky to meet some great people/divers that have returned many many times throught this season for some excellent trips. I look forward to meeting new divers possibly through this forum and creating new friendships. If anyone has any questions at all please dont hesitate to contact me through my website. (BTW the website was created by myself and family and is still a work in progress learning as we go) Thanks Again.. Capt. David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom