anyone use a pelican 1620?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
this thing is slightly bigger than my dive crate, anyone actually use these things for gear cases? they look sweet!

Spoon:
this thing is slightly bigger than my dive crate, anyone actually use these things for gear cases? they look sweet!

I use this and several other models for my business (electronic equipment). This case is heavy and when filled with dive gear will exceed the 50 pound domestic limit for free baggage. Most international flights still accept 70 pounds. I used this case on a trip to Florida in March (packed with dive gear) and it cast me $75.00 to ship as luggage on the airplane (USAIR).
Pelican makes GREAT products and I recommend the cases to anyone. They are one of best VALUES available!

BILLB:
I use this and several other models for my business (electronic equipment). This case is heavy and when filled with dive gear will exceed the 50 pound domestic limit for free baggage. Most international flights still accept 70 pounds. I used this case on a trip to Florida in March (packed with dive gear) and it cast me $75.00 to ship as luggage on the airplane (USAIR).
Pelican makes GREAT products and I recommend the cases to anyone. They are one of best VALUES available!

i only intend to use this within the country, and not by airplane as i anticipate i will exceed the load limit. being im from the philippines most dive sites are accessible by land and sea. thanks bro

I have a 1650 and love it! bulletproof and stylishly black, Wuwu

Great lifetime guarantee....but dont take near an airplane.

If you like the Pelican boxes, check out the Hardigg StormCases. They are even better: nicer handles and much better latches. From the manufacturer's specs, they are also lighter than the corresponding Pelican box.

www.cases4less.com carries both lines.

FWIW: I'm not affiliated with any of the above, just a satisfied owner/customer.

I have had a lot of experience with Hardigg. They appear great but are way over priced and the latches are inferior.

My buddy has a 1610 (2" lower than the 1620) and has used it for the last 5 yrs to carry the dive gear, it's bomb proof and even empty is indestructible.

He managed to break a latch a couple of yrs back and just called Pelican and they sended 2 latches for free, the rolling wheels are pretty beat up, but still rolls OK, probably in the next yr or so those may get replaced, the wheels have never locked in contrast to many roller duffels I had in the past.

I just bought my NIB w/o the foam 1620 on ebay, and got it for $100.00 + $25.00 S&H, what a deal, I've been checking for the last 8 months waiting for the right price to make the buy.

Ebay is your friend as they say, just a little patience and you'll get the goods at a great price.

Just installed the Lid Organizer in my 1620, sweet place to store loose gear.

I reinforced it with extra velcro cause I pack it full and the 3 sewn 1" velcro strips won't hold, just added 2" velcro strips below the upper swen strip and above the lower swen strip, and now it holds a ton. can't wait to try it next sunday.

Mandy3206:
Just installed the Lid Organizer in my 1620, sweet place to store loose gear.

I reinforced it with extra velcro cause I pack it full and the 3 sewn 1" velcro strips won't hold, just added 2" velcro strips below the upper swen strip and above the lower swen strip, and now it holds a ton. can't wait to try it next sunday.

sweet! post pics i wanna drool on your setup:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom