Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:luxhello:I am down 3 lbs :jumping:

Ok girl the weekend is upon us, this is the challenging time. Try to keep busy and out of the refrigerator.

Kathee you are on the right track and a snack every once in a while is a good reward. Go Kathy Go! :crafty:

Moolight/donnad try some baby steps such as do not eat anything white and creamy, reduce salt, and cut sugar. You have nothing but time girl :wink:

Yahoo for Divergirl4u!!! What an excellent loss!! :D :D :D

Going into the weekend definitely DOES make things more challenging, so make sure everyone keeps their eye on the prize and remember that a small slip doesn't equate to a fall, so if you eat (or drink) something you didn't really want, it's just an error and doesn't mean the rest of the weekend is lost...giving an excuse to binge. Gee, think I speak from experience?! <sigh>

Monday will be my weigh in as well, so I have to stay focused during the weekend to make sure I don't undo any progress I've made during the week. I woke up too late for the treadmill this morning, but I WILL get on it this afternoon when I get home from work.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!

That is correct Maven, you go girl.

You gals remember:
1. drink plenty of water (or everything else will not work)
2. 1 fat serving each day (for regularity) good fat only
3. 1 dairy serving each day (light, reduced, or fat free)
4. Six small meals a day
5. Include 2 or 3 fruits a day
6. Include 3 or 4 servings of Veggies a day. ½ cup cooked or 1 cup raw (no corn or okra)

If you are a big meat eater, do a high protein diet that includes plenty of lean meats.
A great way to jump start your metabolism is:
For 24 hours eat unlimited raw green veggies, lean cuts of meats (baked not fried, no skin), and 3 oranges or 1 full cantaloupe through out the day.

You can do this once every six weeks to keep your metabolism up.

Last edited:
Just a quick check in. Again today was good.

1C LF Yogart/1 peach/1T crunchy cereal - 1/4 c nonfat froath in the coffee

Grilled shrimp/ large raw/grilled veggie salad & 1/4 c of grain blends w - 1/4 small avocado

snack 1/2 pear

Grilled snapper W/ lemon/ steamed veggies/ 1/4 c grain

A light snack if I'm up late.

Hitting the gym in a little while.

Excited for the scale on Monday - clothes are already getting looser - may have to add some more calories - have heard if you loose more than 2lbs a week, you loose both muscle and fat. Does anyone know if this is true?

Remember -- diets come to an end & yoyo dieting is the norm.
Cut back now, but it's only a start to a new eating philosophy that will maintain the the desired body & eliminate the need for diets.

Deprevation leades to binges - best to find some way to reduce calories, yet still eat savory foods.

Great job ladies! Yesterday was great for me in the eating and resisiting temptation department, but I never made it on the treadmill. <sigh> However, this morning (Saturday) I WILL get on the treadmill and I WILL continue eating right. Monday is weigh in...I just want to see ONE pound gone. :wink:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Today great food again!
2 egg whites/ 1 yolk - boiled - 1 pear -1/4 lowfat milk in coffee

1 bowl lentil soup w/ 1/4 c grains -1 med veggie salad

1/2 pear

Grilled snapper- Steamed veggies- 2 small red potatoes

1/2 c yogart - w/ a few slices of pear

No exercise cause I was busy. Tomorrow hitting the gym & with luck a nice hike. Feeling great! Can't wait to see the scale on Monday :D

Last edited:
Ok, sorry I have been missing in action. I have been working five 12 hour nights. I have been doing decent with my diet and exercise and lost 6#. I see everyone is doing great. Keep up all the good work.

Ok, my 5 holiday pounds has turned into 8. Time to get busy. Going to Bonaire in 19 weeks. Need to get back in shape.........that is.......going back to gym 3-4 times/week and eating reasonably!! need to drop 10 pounds. Anyone want to do the same and check in w/each other on here twice a week? mondays and thursdays?
I have lost 10 pounds since Friday night, 48 hours ago. I'm guessing it's a Norwalk virus. Probably not what you had in mind though. :wink:

wow vladimir! hope you're feeling better today! hi everyone..........it's a brand new week, and even though i did not do so well last week.........i'm all jazzed up for this week. I DID get up and go to the gym this morning!!! hooray!! eating healthy so far!! eating a lean cuisine w/salmon/spinach/orzo for lunch right now, with a 60 calorie yogurt for treat.

I am up 2 lbs. so that sux. I had some drama this weekend and spent some time at the hospital with my son for a dog bite. I am still off of track today. Tomorrow I will get back on track, drink my water and eat my fruit and veggies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom