Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, my 5 holiday pounds has turned into 8. Time to get busy. Going to Bonaire in 19 weeks. Need to get back in shape.........that is.......going back to gym 3-4 times/week and eating reasonably!! need to drop 10 pounds. Anyone want to do the same and check in w/each other on here twice a week? mondays and thursdays?

oops. ment to post in the fitness forum, not this subforum. moderator, can you move this please? thx

I think I am ready for this challenge, I do not belong to a gym but I am willing to commit to walking or swimming 3 or 4 times a week.
My biggest challenge next week will be giving up the Pepsi. I bought good fruits and vegetables and the store today so I am ready to go.
Monday I will weigh in, no I am not tellingand let the games begin. You are a guy so you are expected to loose twice as much weight as I do in the same timeframe lol.

Ok here is my diet plan
Monday:
1 Nectarine and ½ raisin bagel
1 orange
Salad fat free Italian
½ bagel
1 chicken breast 1 cup cooked vegetables
1 cup vanilla yogurt fat free light with fresh froze blueberries

After work I will do ½ hour walk at a brisk pace.

Ok I'll try! But I know me, I'll be good for like a month and then BAMM. Goes down hill from thre. So please motive me to continue. But I'm not starting until Monday.

Divergirl4u/ Kim, see you in a bit when I'm done after today dive.

Ok, I'm game. I will weigh in on Monday and start eating healthy and working out. I did stop smoking on Jan 1st. So I figure I will drop dead any day now. Are we telling what we weigh?:confused: I want to lose 20 pounds which is hard for a woman. So let the games begin.

great! Well, i didn't get started as intended the other day anyway!!! i've been putting it off for probably 6 weeks now!! I'm definitely starting tomorrow morning!! I do think it's much easier for guys to lose weight than for us girls. But i can do this!! I've done it many time before........lolololol We do NOT have to say what we weight! just report loss and/or gains. Sometimes it's kinda slow losing at first for me, cause by working out, you gain a little muscle first. I have got to get back in shape! Glad to have some buddies on this! I'll report back tomorrow. Must get up and be at the gym about 5:45. See ya! Don't forget to weigh tomorrow morning!

Ok, I am in. We can do this!!! I was not going to start until March 1 but Feb 23 is just as good as then. All hands reporting tomorrow, Yahoo!!!

I really do not want to post my weight in a public forum so we are going to be on the honor system :wink:

Tomorrow my biggest challenge will be NO PEPSI and drink plenty of water. But I can do it, I know I can :)

Ooops sorry Miss donnad :)

I need to loose more then 10 lbs but I am setting small goals :wink:

moonlight way to go on the no smoking, girl if you can do that you can do anything :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom