Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea - was just trying to head that direction myself. It will be great to have support!

I'd like to drop 8lbs by this time next month. 2lbs a week is the goal. Will hit the gym & weigh in tomorrow.

Low fat/low complex carb/ high raw foods & grilled lean meat
no sugar foods, few processed foods & vowing not to snack unless it's almost zero calorie.

Weights 3X a week & a blend of cardio the other days.

That is a great pace Kathy, 2 lbs a week is a very healthy way to loose weight.

hi ladies! ok, i overcame that inertia and got up and went to the gym this morning!! gonna take it easy and not get real sore, etc. Plus, my knee will holler at me loud and clear if i do too much too soon. I did abs, weights (chest,shoulders,triceps), then cardio for 18min. to start (3 different machines). I'll go 3x a week these first 2 wks, then 4x a week after that. my weight routine is 3x a week .......chest/shoulders triceps one day, then back/biceps another, then legs. repeat the next week. I'm gonna try to keep my calories around 1300-1400/day. I'm stocked up on fruit, healthy frozen lunches to bring to the office........no more fast food!! I have 100 calorie snack packs of almonds, baked crackers, dried cranberries and such. and 100 calorie popcorn i can pop in the microwave here at work. the popcorn helps.........lots of crunching for only 100 cal. Sitting at a desk all day makes it hard not to snack too much. Oh, and also 60 cal. little yogurts and string cheese. Breakfast was a Zone Perfect protein bar. Not giving up my Diet A&W, but will cut back:):)

Ok i have drank 1.5 liters of water this morning and I am going to drink the same amount this afternoon.
I did make a mistake first thing out of bed this morning and poured a glass of sweet tea. I know I will not loose weight if I take in sugar but did not catch myself until I drank all of it, when I get back home I am going to brew more tea but I will sweeten it with honey not sugar.
Tonight I will walk. :wink:

Great start Donnad & Divegirl! And thanks for the motivation/support. (I had been getting motivated for the past 3 weeks before this thread :).

So far today my food is great.

Started out with:
a boiled egg
1/2 banana
1/4 cup frothy milk in my cappuccino (but skipped the sweetener)

Snack before cardio
1 orange

Lunch
A big raw veggie salad (letuce/tomatoes/red cabage/asparagus/carrots/sprouts/red bell pepper & 1/2 grilled chicken breast)

Dinner plans
the other 1/2 grilled chicken breast
1/4 c brown rice w/mushrooms
alot of steamed green kale

Already did 30 minutes cardio on the stair/stepper at the gym, walked 1/2 mile.
I'll hit the gym 3X weekly and try for 3+ days of good cardio.

This feels healthy! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Ok, I did good with the diet on Monday. I work nights and keep a night schedule on my days off so I sleep all day and play all night. My eating and work out routines are different. I am going to the gym on Tuesday. I did weigh on Monday and was shocked! I can do this..........sigh

good job you guys!! i did pretty good on my eating yesterday, and passed up brownies, and girl scout cookies!! i feel like a cold is trying to get me, so i'm attacking it with Zicam. tomorrow morning is back to the gym (mon/wed/fri for 2 wks, then mon/tues/thurs/fri). didn't even lose a half pound this morning, but that's okay, cause i know from my past, that the minute i start working out, i'm gaining muscle weight at first, so the scale doesn't move much at first. i just have to stick with it. 18 1/2 weeks til Bonaire!! must be in good shape!! this will not be valet boat diving!! lolol

I did not get in all my water yesterday only 1.5 liters, but I did not have a Pepsi :) I also skipped dinner and my yogurt and did not get in all my foods.

Tomorrow I will weigh again and report in :)

Today:
½ bagel
green grapes
turkey wrap w/ veggies for lunch
green grapes
½ bagel
center cut pork chops and veggies

Let's talk about wine, do you guys think it would hurt to have a small glass of wine?

Back
Top Bottom