Anyone try these weights for your tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks dangorous to me. Think you get caught with that T- hndle somewere ......and oops up you go. Apart from that if you have to get rid of your weights because of some emergency using backinflatio gues wat is not going to stop this " face down " moment????
Just MHO

Haven't used that exact one but I do use a 2# ring of lead that fits in the bottom of my tank boot...the tank sits on top of it. Not enough to worry about ditching but helps with positive bouyancy of an alum. tank.

I would think that ditch handle would be a tangle factor.

Nautical Noble,
If you looking for ballast to offset the positive bouyancy of a AL tank, check out http://www.brightweights.com/
When I dive with my Al tanks I use the Bright Weights tank ballast. You can't ditch these tank weights. I also use their weight belt. Most comfortable weight belt I've ever worn. This is good stuff.:tree:Bob

Hello,

I use a standard weight belt and 2x 2# weights on the tank. Buckel is on the back center and the lead is on either side. Reason I went with this setup is *ALL* divers are familar with the classic weight belt.

Ed

We use anything from a 1.5# ankle to a seasoft 3# around the neck of our tanks if we need the exta "lead". Afterall, we already have them, so why not use them if needed? :)

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom