Anyone switch to Hollis F-1's after light/neutral fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckDiver1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm considering getting a set of Hollis F-1's, and I know they're a good fin but I have my reservations. I'm just perfectly set trim wise now with neutral/slightly buoyant fins. If I switch to the Hollis fins will it throw my trim out if whack? I know when I dive dry, heavier fins is a nonissue. But I want fins to use both dry and wet, that will perform all kicks well, and the F-1's fit the bill perfectly, but are also just over a pound negative. Will I go foot heavy, or is it not going to make much difference?
Thoughts?

I'm considering getting a set of Hollis F-1's, and I know they're a good fin but I have my reservations. I'm just perfectly set trim wise now with neutral/slightly buoyant fins. If I switch to the Hollis fins will it throw my trim out if whack? I know when I dive dry, heavier fins is a nonissue. But I want fins to use both dry and wet, that will perform all kicks well, and the F-1's fit the bill perfectly, but are also just over a pound negative. Will I go foot heavy, or is it not going to make much difference?
Thoughts?

Tough to say. I used to have a set of fins for travel (lighter and less buoyant) and use my F1's for local drysuit diving.In December I brought my Hollis F1s to the Keys and then to Antigua. NO problem with being foot heavy whatsoever. It was great. Ive gotten so used to the way they perform, I didnt want to go back to the other fins. I love how versatile the Hollis fins are.

The F-1's aree neutral in saltwater and about a lb neg in fresh. Since I usually dive a full suit or drysuit in freshwater I see no negative effect on trim. In the pool with just a skin or swimsuit they feel just a tad heavy until I get in a modified frog and then that feeling goes away.

+1 on diving them everywhere all the time with no issues. Wish they were a bit lighter for travel purposes but the benefit of having them outweighs the addl weight in the checked bags. Love these fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom