Anyone still use a oly c-5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grandizer52

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious if anyone is still diving with one? where do you get o-rings from etc. i posted a while back that I can get the main housing rings (i have 10 pairs now avail). I still think it's a great camera, and there are newer faster cameras out there, but not a lot have the my setting feature that i have programed for specific diving enviroments.

Curious if anyone is still diving with one? where do you get o-rings from etc. i posted a while back that I can get the main housing rings (i have 10 pairs now avail). I still think it's a great camera, and there are newer faster cameras out there, but not a lot have the my setting feature that i have programed for specific diving enviroments.

got 2 of them. O rings ikelite=.

I still like/use mine. If Oly would make a new run of them, I would buy another one.

Mine still works great. It does seem a little slow compared to more current cameras but it still does exactly what I need it to do.

I was runing the D-180 too, but it leaked,and noone services it, going to a d-200, just re-oringed the oly housing. let me know if anyone needs the red housing rings
steve

Also,
since they have lost popularity, does anyone have more than (1) for back up. i see more and more divers sticking with later camera models longer, don't know if this is A) due to the economy, B) why change a format your good with/familiar with, C) newer units don't have the PREFERED UNDERWATER SETTINGS FOR ME...
looking for everyone elses in put...oh yea santa came i got a new inon strobe

since they have lost popularity, does anyone have more than (1) for back up.

why change a format your good with/familiar with

Lost Popularity~ :confused:

I try to have at least 2 operational underwater units; a kayak guide friend here is the same way. Between us we always have at least 3 working bodies and 5 working housings, with probably 4 & 4 for parts! :depressed:

The front threaded port ring is the piece that pisses me off most about Oly; they will not sell it, it is/was a factory repair only! :idk:

After first getting 3-5 used Apollo scooters, if I had $1,000 for dive gear I would buy 5050 bodies, housings and threaded port rings (if available). :D

Or maybe I'd send 3 of my 4, all still pretty much working Ikelite SS200's, backup Slave Sensor and #2 set of quick release arms, hoping to get a deal on refurbishing one set up; then send in the set up I currently use to be refurbished as well? :idk:

I still have a couple Nikonos V bodies w/20 mm, 28 mm, 35 mm and close kit. :D

i'm still using the 5050, but am thinking about retiring it...
anyone has any suggestions as to which model to get? lol

I still have three 5050 cameras and housings. I have to say it will always be a favorite! I have been thinking about selling 2 of them since I've moved on to an Oly EPL-1 rig and recently added a Canon S95 and housing for a small set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom