Anyone still use a oly c-5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still using my C4040 here! Just tried cleaning the housing last night. Too much money tied up in the housing and strobe to dump it, yet not enough money to buy a new setup (prices are outrageously high).

I still have a C-4040 and housing in great condition also. I have however moved on to another outfit and the Oly sits in it's box which has a coat of dust on it.

Just upgraded to the E-PL1. I still love the 50-50, but I really like the Pen.
I'm thinking of selling the 50-50 with the PT-015 Housing and a nice Pelican box. (no strobe)
I'm undecided, although I don't think I'd ever use it again.

Well, my 5050 died last weekend. The lens won't retract. At least I can say it didn't die a watery death, it just quit working on dry land. Guess it is time to upgrade and/or find another used 5050.

Well, my 5050 died last weekend. The lens won't retract. At least I can say it didn't die a watery death, it just quit working on dry land. Guess it is time to upgrade and/or find another used 5050.

I may be interested in it for parts. PM me before trashing it.

The lens mechanism was always the weak part. I once dropped it from 8 inches from the ground and the lens jammed. Got it repaired. Right before the repair warranty was over, dropped it from a low height again and the mode dial broke off, brought it back as warranty repair and they fixed it. Not sure why they made the frame out of magnesium when these little protrusions are the weak spot. (there were a few other incidences like flooding of orig C5050 and focusing issue on the orig unit), but it has been working well.

Anyway, I still use the c5050 for UW shoots. Video mode is a joke (good to let people know what I saw), but camera and custom mode is still my workhorse. I do miss the high ISO of newer P&S/DSLR. Went to Angelita sinkhole on overcast day and practically no shots came out.

For anyone interested in Olympus C-5050 systems, I have a Light&Motion Tetra 5050 and TWO working C-5050 cameras on consignment at Reef Photo. I also have a L&M Tetra 3040 housing and TWO working Olympus C-3040 bodies on consignment as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom