Anyone seen doubles like that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemonade once bubbled...
Pic 1 Pic 2
What the heck are they for?! :)
...is what it is for. It is only one valve and non-isolation, so you get none of the fault tolerance that you get with a modern iso-manifold. But...it will let you breathe from two tanks.. :D

It's been a while, but I have seen them. Basically, it's the same as one large tank. Nothing wrong with it, but a normal advantage of diving twins is having redundancy.

Walter once bubbled...
It's been a while, but I have seen them. Basically, it's the same as one large tank. Nothing wrong with it, but a normal advantage of diving twins is having redundancy.
It would be a nice rig for a recreational hoover though...rather than some gigantic single tank, this would be more balanced and would provide a lot of gas for shallow, recreational diving.

I wouldn't use it for anything else though..plus there's the added pain and expense of setting up your BC for doubles and/or getting a BP/wing.

That this type of manifold also comes with an isolator, I saw one once on the discovery channel. It had just one post and the isolator was still in the middle. Don't really see the use in that though. Unless you had a leak from the neck o-ring of the other tank or something, since there isn't a reg on the other tank.

Redundancy is nice, but the usefulness of an isolator is overstated anyway.

Those are from a USD modular system, you could have 2 or 3 bottles together depending on the volume you needed.
The 3-bottle rigs were nice, 120 cf in a package that stood only 6" off your back. (40 cf bottles)
You dive them the same as singles.
They never did become very popular as the added expense of extra hydros were a pain in the neck.

It looks like they are small tanks.

I'm guessing 40s.

I wouldn't bid on them. That manifold is a doorstop and I doubt they are in hydro. New tanks would probably be cheaper.

Bob3 once bubbled...
Those are from a USD modular system, you could have 2 or 3 bottles together depending on the volume you needed.
The 3-bottle rigs were nice, 120 cf in a package that stood only 6" off your back. (40 cf bottles)
You dive them the same as singles.
They never did become very popular as the added expense of extra hydros were a pain in the neck.

But do you remember the that wonderful hard pack they use to put the triplets in?

I still want one!

Hallmac

Back
Top Bottom